1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Favorite / Least Favorite On-Air Radio Personalities?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by MikeHoncho, May 26, 2015.

1. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    Sports-talk wise? Any liked/disliked sports radio people you'd like to discuss?

BTW: Yes, SICK counts as a sports talk radio personality.

SICK likes this.
  2. FinSane

FinSane Cynical Dolphins Fan

Dec 1, 2007
    Melbourne, Fl
    Least favorite is easily Mike & Mike or Sid Rosenburg. Ugh.

MikeHoncho likes this.
  3. King Felix

King Felix Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 6, 2007
    Least favorite JT the Brick. Most favorite Dan Patrick and Ben Maller.

4. vmarcilfan75

vmarcilfan75 blah...blah...blah... Club Member

Dec 13, 2007
    City Of Angels
    when I get a chance I only listen to Jay Mohr Sports and Max & Marcellus

5. McLovin

McLovin Resident Pats fan.

May 7, 2008
    North Cacalaka
    Sick

SICK, MikeHoncho and Dolphin1184 like this.
  6. MikeHoncho

Nov 13, 2009
    Ah Sid. Biggest hack whose list of accomplishments include: "working with Mike Francesa", and that's it. But he'll readily remind you of it during each segment of his crapfest show.

7. MikeHoncho

Nov 13, 2009

Agreed. SICK's podcast regularly makes my wife's panties wet; of course, this only happens when I'm wearing them.

McLovin, SICK and Fin D like this.
  8. FinSane

FinSane Cynical Dolphins Fan

Dec 1, 2007
    Melbourne, Fl
    And all the famous people he supposedly knows.

9. BicketyBam

BicketyBam No Fist Pumps Allowed

Sep 6, 2010
    New Milford, CT
    Mike Francessa. Not even a close second. I hate that smug fat ****.

MikeHoncho likes this.
  10. gunn34

gunn34 I miss Don & Dan

Jan 5, 2008
    Oviedo FL
    Heath Evans is my most hated guy. Does that count as radio?

11. Unlucky 13

Unlucky 13 Team Raheem Club Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    I absolutely listen to less sports talk radio today than I have in the past 20 years, because as a stay@home dad I'm in the car less than ever. I also am generally unfamiliar with any local or regional guys, and only know the main national ones. That being said, here are mine:

Favorite: Dan Patrick - A good blend of being calm and light hearted, and interesting and topical. I enjoy his general tone and professionalism, and how its an inclusive show and doesn't generally attack anyone. I do dislike how he focuses so much on basketball, which I don't follow, but its his show and his call.

Also like: Most NFL Radio shows. (Sirius channel 88). Most of the hosts and shows are informative and interesting, and they cover all 32 teams instead of just the big markets, which is wonderful. However, they're generally pretty bland and all kind of just blend together as well. No one that I really like or dislike.

OK: Mike & Mike. These guys eb and flow. They can be really funny and keep me interested for a long time some days, then piss me off and make me turn the channel others. Greeny's NY homerism makes me sick, but I also respect him for it and he's honest and consistant about it. In general, they hate and disrespect the Fins every single year, which frustrates any Dolphin fan. But if I were a fan of another team, I may see things differently.

Dislike: Colin Cowherd. I'm not sure if Colin is truly as dumb as he seems with a lot of the things that he says, or whether its all just a big act in order to troll people and build up an image. Either way, it doesn't work for me. He's a blatant and open big market homer, which irks me as someone who feels that every team in every pro sport is equal. He also talks way too much about gambling, which makes me really uncomfortable, since I don't gamble and its never been a reason I watch sports. He also will say time and again how fans shouldn't be so emotionally attached to their teams and mocks them for it. As someone who's JOB it is to talk to people who are fans, you'd think he would understand them a little better.

Cannot listen to: Jim Rome. Pure sideshow garbage. Panders to the lowest demographic. Immature and insulting.

MikeHoncho likes this.
  12. McLovin

May 7, 2008
    North Cacalaka
    do you have to blow her up to get them off

SICK and MikeHoncho like this.
  13. MikeHoncho

Nov 13, 2009
    Once again, you're way off. You gotta deflate.

I thought that was clear to you people :shifty:

SICK, McLovin and Fin D like this.
  14. McLovin

May 7, 2008
    North Cacalaka
    it's not as bad if you deflate her by punching her in an elevator though.

SICK and MikeHoncho like this.
  15. Unlucky 13

Unlucky 13 Team Raheem Club Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    I love Eisen, but have never heard his radio show. I miss when he was on the air almost every evening on NFL Network. The longer he's been there, the less he's on TV. Van Pelt is also someone who seems like a pretty good guy, though I haven't listened to him as much as others. However, his topics generally aren't my taste (focuses on basketball and golf a lot more than others as far as I can tell, as those are his areas of expertise).

I like Tony on PTI. I've never heard him on the radio.

Does anyone like Steven A Smith? The guy is a complete joke.

16. Dolphin1184

Dolphin1184 Member

Nov 30, 2007
    Augusta, GA
    Lebatard / Stugotz
    Sedano

Dislikes:
    Joe Zagacki... dont know how he is still doing play by play for the Canes. Sounds like a barking dog when yelling.
    Not crazy about Colin on radio.

17. MikeHoncho

Nov 13, 2009
    It's not if nobody sees the footage. It's like it never even happened.

Or maybe they burned the tapes, I dunno. :shifty:

18. MikeHoncho

Nov 13, 2009
    Lebatard & Stugotz – Guest hosts are always great—especially old man Cote— although Pablo Torre condescendingly attempts to hijack the show whenever he's on; Bomani was 1000x better. They don't get much more creative than Hochman as far as producing goes, but Mike Ryan is getting there. Recurring Ron Magil and Marcelus Wiley put the show over the top IMO.

Zaslow & Joy – Was better when Hochman was co-hosting but I've since warmed up to Joy Taylor. Really fun listen in the morning.

Dan Patrick – The Dannettes are awful, but Dan gets great guests.

Dislikes:

Eric Reed & Leroy Hoard – Just awful, awful amateur hour radio. Regular shouting matches behind just plain uninformed "sports takes". They have no excuse to be so uninformed given that the topics they regularly discuss are at least 12-24 hours old. Much rather just listen to grass grow.

Every single show on 560 – Except for Hochman, although I haven't really listened in to his 560 show all that much. That station is literally painful to listen to; it's basically just sounds like static half the time.

Mike & Mike – Easy stances galore. No insight whatsoever.

Colin Cowherd – See above. Also, consistently crappy guest lists. It's like he actively seeks the most boring people you could possibly put on the radio. Also the king of knee-jerk radio.

Sid Rosenberg – Need I say more? Biggest hack in all of sports talk.

Jim Rome – It's like listening in as a sophomore hijacks the PA system at the local highschool and proceeds to tell everyone off while trying (and failing majestically) to be funny in the process.

Sedano – Comes off as a fake person; on-air enthusiasm comes off as contrived, and he too often raises his voice unnecessarily. Don't really find him at all funny or entertaining.

#1 fan and Dolphin1184 like this.
  19. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon Greasepaint Ghost Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    Thread needs more Francesa.

[video=youtube;-GYHpkoUo4E]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GYHpkoUo4E[/video]

[​IMG]

MikeHoncho likes this.
  20. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    I've reached the top!