1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Good luck this season

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Arodgers12, May 26, 2015.

1. Arodgers12

Arodgers12 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2010
    To Miami. Happy Suh is out of our division and in Brady's so he can step on his calf lol. I hope Miami has a great season. How was your draft. I know Mike Wallace left for Minnesota and Clay left for Buffalo. You guys get anyone else in FA?

77FinFan likes this.
  2. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    Back at you.

Our draft seems to be at least solid and couple of guys may have great potential. We probably stole Stills from NO to be Wallace's replacement and our receiving corp of Landry, Parker, Stills and Greg Jennings should at worst be good. We also added Jordan Cameron at TE (we lost Clay) who is an upgrade when healthy, but hasn't always been healthy. On offense, I expect that our fate will depend on whether we have a good enough run game. We need the interior OL to be at least competent and we're relying on some young Gs (but I suspect we may bring in another vet G if they don't appear up to the task). And we need our promising young RB (Ajayi) to team with Miller and provide a better run game than we had last year.

On defense, our DL could be among the best in the league. I expect our defensive effectiveness will depend on our health in the secondary. Last year our D was top 5 until Delmas got hurt. He's the communicator back there who gets everyone in the right place. When he went down we had too many breakdowns that allowed big plays and our DL wore down when we couldn't get teams off the field.

How do you feel about your off-season?

WELDERPAT likes this.
  3. DolphinGreg

DolphinGreg Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 7, 2014
    The above sums most of the big moves up. I think we all feel good about the team and how it's upgraded at several positions. However, most of us are still a bit worried about certain spots which were issues last year and are still undecided going into camp.

I think we got stronger in a lot of areas that include (1) WR where we added a 1st round pick and collected some good FA fits in Jennings and Stills, (2) DT where we added Suh and a 2nd rounder from Oklahoma and (3) RB where we added Ajayi with a late pick in the draft. TE, OT, DE and S all stayed about the same.

We were weak at Guard last year and really haven't fixed the problem. We drafted 1 guy in the 4th round and signed some small names hoping our in-house guys rise up.

We were weak at CB and LB last year with injuries popping up and the story is mostly the same right now with no premier acquisitions. We brought in enough small-time free agents, late rounders and undrafted guys that the depth is now considerable but one LB and one CB spot are essentially up for grabs going into camp and our starting FS may not be ready for week 1. That said, we start off our season against Washington and Jacksonville so it could be much worse all things considered. Our offense should be able to win us those games I would think.

Altogether we're expecting an improved team and most of us are confident we're a Play-off team this year.

4. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    Given our woes at the guard position, we're gonna need all the luck we can get.

5. PhinFan1968

PhinFan1968 To 2020, and BEYOND! Club Member

Back at ya.

6. WELDERPAT

WELDERPAT New Member

Dec 13, 2014
    Rafael thank you for typing that for me.
    That is pretty much what I would have said.

7. 77FinFan

77FinFan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Mar 10, 2013
    Buckeye Land
    Thanks and good luck to you, not that you need a whole lot w/ Aaron.