1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sports Buzz: Lots of Dolphins' Wednesday night draft nuggets

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by jim1, Apr 30, 2015.

1. jim1

jim1 New Member

Jul 1, 2008
    People who have spoken to the Dolphins say the Dolphins believe they still need more at receiver.

“Maybe it’s one of these guys [for Miami] that goes up over the top: Breshad Perriman, DeVante Parker, Jaelen Strong,” Collinsworth said. “They’re Larry Fitzgerald kind of players. Then the smaller, quicker players like Devin Smith, Phillip Dorsett.

“Back in my day, you had to get open to get the ball thrown to you. Now as long as they’re one on one, throw it and let these guys get up and make a play. It’s easy to say give me the 4.3 guy, but there is an alternative with the way the game is being played now, with these jump balls and back shoulder throws. That’s why I think you will see such a big run on receivers. There are about five of them that play above the rim.”

People who have spoken to the Dolphins have come away with the impression they really like the draft's top three receivers: Louisville's Parker, Alabama's Amari Cooper and West Virginia's Kevin White.

CBS’ Jason LaCanfora said today that Miami is trying to trade up for Parker, though it would be painful to sacrifice additional draft picks when this team has multiple needs.

SICK likes this.
  2. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    Please no to trading up...ugh