1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Miami Herald: Dolphins covet RB Todd Gurley

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by jim1, Apr 27, 2015.

1. jim1

jim1 New Member

Jul 1, 2008
    The Dolphins covet Gurley, multiple sources have told the Miami Herald, and would love for him to fall to them at No. 14 in the first round of the NFL Draft on Thursday. But some doubt he will even make it out of the top 10; ESPN draftnik Todd McShay projects him going sixth to the Jets.

“He’s a talent. He’s definitely a player that his ability stands out and shines,” said Eric Stokes, the Dolphins’ assistant general manager. “He’s an exciting guy to watch. We’ve enjoyed working through that process with him and seeing him. From there, we’ll see where things shake out.”

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article19553817.html#storylink=cpy

CashInFist and SICK like this.
  2. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    Terrifies me and electrifies me at the same time.

3. Not So Fast

Not So Fast Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2012
    Lake Worth, FL
    Has there been any updates regarding his health? Is the knee fine?

4. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    Smokescreen hopefully

UCF FINatic likes this.
  5. GARDENHEAD

GARDENHEAD Season Ticket Holder Club Member

May 7, 2008
    New Orleans
    I think its definitely a smokescreen. Hopefully, someone wastes a top-13 pick on him so someone we REALLY covet falls to us. I love Gurley too, but we have bigger fish to fry.

6. CashInFist

CashInFist Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2007
    West Virginia
    If he is there at #14 we HAVE to draft him.

7. CashInFist

CashInFist Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2007
    West Virginia
    I don't think so. We have EXTENSIVELY researched him this offseason. Even met with his HS coach.

8. cuchulainn

cuchulainn Táin Bó Cúailnge Club Member

Sep 7, 2012
    Hattiesburg, MS
    Don't see him falling to #14. Even if he makes it past the stej, it's doubtful he makes it past the Falcons @ #8.

From my POV, durability as important a trait as any skill. My worries on Gurley are that he just can't stay healthy. Each season his carries, yards, and TDs decreased and he missed chunks of games and seasons to the point that his coach had him on a carry count, and his injuries ranged from elbow to hip to ankle to finally the blown knee.

I don't see Gurley as the next Ricky Williams for us. Ricky was a machine on the field and as tough and durable as anyone who ever played. My fear is we take him and he ends up being Ronnie Brown or now, Knowshon Moreno, instead.

Chances are the Dolphins DO have him as BPA for #14 and if so, really aren't comfortable with his durability either, hence the talking him up to the media to hopefully generate a trade for someone more sold on him come Thursday night.

YMMV.

9. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    Love Gurley's talent, but you have to be leery of his durability. His running style is not conducive to a long career.

Stitches likes this.
  10. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    Love his talent, but am in no way comfortable with him at #14. Don't particularly want a RB that high at all, but I'd prefer Gordon for sure given what I know. As things stand today, I'd be pretty initially bummed with the Gurley selection. Not enough picks to take a HB at #14 IMO.

rafael likes this.
  11. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    I'd prefer Gordon as well. Not just for the durability issue, but also b/c of Gordon's legendary work ethic and leadership. Just on talent, I have them pretty close, about even really, but those first three issues are big. IMO the NFL severely underestimates the importance of work ethic and leadership. And people tend to ignore negatives like questionable durability when they fall in love with a prospect.