1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Source" tells Beasley of the Herald trading down in play as an option.

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Coral Reefer, Apr 23, 2015.

1. Coral Reefer

Coral Reefer Premium Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Back in Miami
    Didn't see this posted.

Beasley of the Herald citing a source confirmed trading down is an option in play.
    Report was buried in an article about Jennings signing.
    Glad they are at least considering this move as I believe there will still be some good WR prospects available after moving down and picking up an extra pick.
    Of course this is all rumor mill leading up to the draft.

http://mia.247sports.com/Bolt/Report-Dolphins-will-trade-back-if-top-WRs-gone-at-No-14-36924812

MrClean, CashInFist and Ohio Fanatic like this.
  2. FinSane

FinSane Cynical Dolphins Fan

Dec 1, 2007
    Melbourne, Fl
    If Parker, Waynes or even Gurley are not there, trading down must be considered IMO. Those are the top three players left at their respective positions (Parker after Cooper/White are picked). If all three are gone, I'd rather trade down and get a couple of players whose value won't be much different from other guys available. So if no quality options are available, go for quantity.

3. GARDENHEAD

GARDENHEAD Season Ticket Holder Club Member

May 7, 2008
    New Orleans
    This is funny, cause a trade-down is always an option. Source or not.

However, if three WRs go before #14, we're gonna have an impact player fall to us at #14.

LiferYank and Dol-Fan Dupree like this.
  4. Fame

Fame Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2012
    Vero Beach
    It takes two to tango.

5. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    In other news, I have it on good authority that the Dolphins plan to make a pick at 14 but will consider moving up or down depending on how the board falls.

jazz, Sceeto, Fin D and 6 others like this.
  6. unluckyluciano

unluckyluciano For My Hero JetsSuck

Dec 7, 2007
    I have it on good authority that there is a good chance the dolphins will show up to the draft.

GARDENHEAD likes this.
  7. Coral Reefer

Coral Reefer Premium Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Back in Miami
    Yes Garden anything is always an option.
    That said I think we can all agree that some teams during some drafts have it as a strategy they strongly favor while other teams wouldn't do it unless someone came along with an offer that was to good to pass up. I think there's a difference between a team that will be actively looking to trade down versus the latter so I thought this was a good mention that may be the teams mindset. Sheesh. Mods feel free to delete this thread if it's simplicity is so offensive. Lets go back to talking about alternate shirt colors for the next month. :tongue2:

8. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    Just busting your chops, well, mostly Beasley's. :tongue2:

Coral Reefer and GARDENHEAD like this.
  9. magicap

magicap Shonuff

Jan 21, 2012
    Yay we could drop down to pick up some extra mediocre players!

GARDENHEAD likes this.
  10. Disgustipate

Disgustipate Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    It's almost certainly true and probably shouldn't be dismissed as a "the sky is blue" kinda thing.

#14 is not an entirely convenient spot for the Dolphins in terms of who is likely on the board.

11. dolfan22

dolfan22 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Whatch you talking about Odrick?

12. LBsFinest

LBsFinest Banned

Jul 24, 2012
    Lol...Jeffrey's gone.

13. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    Finally some optimism out of you :up: :knucks:

14. FinSane

FinSane Cynical Dolphins Fan

Dec 1, 2007
    Melbourne, Fl
    And Ireland traded down DESPITE having good players (who were needs as well) available where we were picking. In this case if most of the top prospects are picked by 14 I have no problem trading down.

15. vmarcilfan75

vmarcilfan75 blah...blah...blah... Club Member

Dec 13, 2007
    City Of Angels
    So who would Miami's trading partner be and what player is worth trading into the 14 spot for?
    Lets assume Winston/Mariota/Gurley/Cooper/White/Parker are gone

16. jw3102

jw3102 season ticket holder

Sep 4, 2010
    Maui, Hawaii
    Exactly. The better players are generally near the top of the draft. The history of the Dolphins is that when they have traded up or down in the first round of the draft, they haven't had any success in getting impact players with these draft moves.

To me, they already have their third round pick in Stills and he should turn out to be better than anyone they would have drafted with that pick.

I would rather see them stay at 14 and select the BPA. To me, the BPA at 14, will likely end up being better than the BPA later in the round and the fact we have Stills instead of a third round pick is fine with me.