1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sports Buzz draft notes

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by jim1, Apr 23, 2015.

1. jim1

jim1 New Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Gurley, who sustained a torn ACL last November, received a favorable review from the NFL scouting medical recheck. And NFL Network reports that teams believe he has an excellent chance to play in the first week of the season.

The best player at 14 could end up being Gurley or Gordon; a receiver (Breshad Perriman or Nelson Agholor if the top three are gone), a guard (La'El Collins or Brandon Scherff if he surprisingly falls), a cornerback (Trae Waynes, Jalen Collins, Kevin Johnson, Marcus Peters), a defensive tackle (Danny Shelton, who hasn't visited but is a very good player) or 4-3 defensive ends Vic Beasley or Arik Armstead (if either is there at 14, particularly IF Miami trades Dion Jordan and wants to develop an eventual successor to Cam Wake). If 3-4 outside linebacker Randy Gregory falls to 14 and a team covets him, Miami could always trade down.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/spor...t-tidbits-nfl-tv-nuggets-marlins-manager.html

SICK likes this.
  2. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    Always appreciate you linking this, Jim. Thanks, bro!

jim1 likes this.
  3. invid

invid Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 9, 2012
    No thank you to Arik Armstead. He's not ready to go yet. If Scherff falls to 14 it's an easy pick. I don't think CB is the pick. If someone really covets Gregory that much, that would be something to explore, definitely. If White and Cooper are gone, I'd still take Agholor over Parker. Apparently the media has been slow to catch up to this but apparently Agholor is being prized by GMs a little more than originally thought. I'd have no problem if that was the pick at 14. It might be a slight reach but he won't last much longer after 14. I think you definitely look at Vic Beasley, Dupree, Ray, etc. I wouldn't be blown away with the Collins pick but I would understand it.