1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Google Chrome help

Discussion in 'Science & Technology' started by Unlucky 13, Apr 22, 2015.

1. Unlucky 13

Unlucky 13 Team Raheem Club Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    I've been using Chrome as my web browser for a number of years now, and really like it. Its extremely fast, and syncs with everything really well in general. By contrast, Firefox is horribly slow (taking on average two minutes to open on my PC- I've timed it in frustration) and the interface isn't what I like. I think that Firefox "doesn't like" the satellite internet that I use. Some programs are like that.

What I've never liked about Chrome is the way that it does bookmarks though. My solution to this has been to create a tab at the top, under the address bar, with my imported IE bookmarks (from years and years ago), that acts as a traditional drop down bookmark menu, like I've used since getting my first PC in the 90s. Then, when I want to bookmark a new site, I click on the star at the far right of the address bar, and it opens a window where I select where I want that bookmark to go. I have a deep system for placing bookmarks (subfolders within subfolders within subfolders) that I've used for a long, long time and makes perfect sense to me. I know where anything of a certain type would be.

However, this week, something changed (a Chrome update?) and now when I click the star, it goes yellow and the bookmark is simply added to the chaotic and jumbled mess that Chome's bookmarks are dumped into.

I've found a workaround by creating an "other bookmarks" tab, where I can drag and drop each one that I create, slowly, into my prefered area, but this takes about five times as long as it used to. Is there another, or better way that I can fix this?

Any help is appreciated.

2. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    Do you have a hammer handy?

3. Fishweiser

Fishweiser New Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Go to the chrome store and look up awesome new tab page. It may not be exactly what your looking for, but its a pretty cool app that you can store your book marks on. You can customize it up pretty good like assigning pics to your book marks and it has widgets like clocks and calendars and such.

Unlucky 13 likes this.
  4. Unlucky 13

Unlucky 13 Team Raheem Club Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    OK thanks man, I'll check it out.