1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Will Phins Make a Play for Peterson?

Discussion in 'Other NFL' started by Galant, Apr 17, 2015.

1. Galant

Galant Love - Unity - Sacrifice - Eternity

Apr 22, 2014
    "Running back Adrian Peterson will once again be an active member of the Minnesota Vikings roster after officially receiving his reinstatement from the National Football League.The NFL announced Peterson's reinstatement Thursday, per Fox Sports' Mike Garafolo. Around The NFL on Twitter revealed the move will go into effect Friday.

The NFL provided a full release on the news, and the Vikings issued a statement: "The Minnesota Vikings have been informed by the NFL that Adrian Peterson has been reinstated. We look forward to Adrian re-joining the Vikings.""
    BR

It's possible the Vikings won't let him go this year, whether AP likes it or not, but do you think the Dolphins will have him on their radar for whenever he does become available?
    Would you want him?

2. Georgia Fin

Georgia Fin Fin For Life

Nov 25, 2007
    West Georgia
    His cost is way too high for us. Can't see it happening.

CashInFist and Larryfinfan like this.
  3. Sceeto

Sceeto Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2008
    New York
    I think it would be the Cowboys who would sign him.

4. jw3102

jw3102 season ticket holder

Sep 4, 2010
    Maui, Hawaii
    Peterson is 30 years old and he has a huge contract. So if the Dolphins are interested in a RB who can be an impact player and instantly upgrade the offense, they should draft Gurley or Gordon with their first round pick and shouldn't have any interest in an older and much more expensive RB like Peterson.

CashInFist likes this.
  5. Zach13

Zach13 Season Ticket Holder

Nov 28, 2007
    Miami
    I hope not.
    The cost will be high. We aren't a RB away.

6. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    I hope not.

He's old.

He's expensive.

He's a douche bag.

7. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    Dallas

8. Ronnie Bass

Ronnie Bass Luxury Box Luxury Box

Dec 19, 2007
    The Cowboys official twitter account:

Dallas CowboysVerified account
    ‏@dallascowboys
    Point: Reinstated Peterson Would Make Cowboys Serious Contenders

Now is that legal or can it be considered tampering?

Itsdahumidity likes this.
  9. Galant

Galant Love - Unity - Sacrifice - Eternity

Apr 22, 2014
    Even at his age, right now there's no comparison between him and any rookie or most RB's in the league. A 'win now' mode team (which is utter nonsense) would benefit from his talents.

10. byroan

byroan Giggity Staff Member Administrator Luxury Box

Nov 25, 2007
    NC
    I'm sure this was already discussed during the Wallace trade.

CashInFist and dolphin25 like this.
  11. Vertical Limit

Vertical Limit Senior Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Not going to happen.. his price tag is way up there.... Dallas freed exactly the amount needed for AP a couple weeks ago. lol so the writing is on the wall. Jones has Goodell in his pocket, no tampering charge last year, and making moves like that without a discussion of trade. He still won't get fined.

dolphin25 likes this.
  12. Itsdahumidity

Itsdahumidity X gonna take it from ya

Dec 10, 2007
    They'll simply use the go to response, 'it was hacked.'

13. gunn34

gunn34 I miss Don & Dan

Jan 5, 2008
    Oviedo FL
    A team like Dallas or Arizona would be in the mix. The Vikings hold ALL the cards and could ask for anything they want. Too rich for a team as far away as ours.

14. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

Yeah...they actually want him...whether he really wants to stay there is another issue...but even if they are forced into a trade, I don't see them wanting less than a ton of picks...I would not be a fan of mortgaging the future for a 30 yr old rb, even if he's the best in the game right now... I mean, when we traded for RW, he was 25...big difference in RB years...

CashInFist likes this.
  15. Pandarilla

Pandarilla Purist Emeritus

Sep 10, 2009
    Boone, NC
    He reminds me of the Eric Dickerson trade to Indy. I'd look for that sort of compensation for the Vikings.

But sheesh all that baggage...

16. Fame

Fame Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2012
    Vero Beach
    He's a tall, fairly bruising runner. I can't imagine his knees surgically repaired knees can take much more abuse. Like all once-great RBs, he will crash and burn very hard in the next year or so.

17. CaribPhin

CaribPhin Guest

You realize his 2,000 yard season was the year after his knee surgery right? He's a genetic freak and my money is on no long term damage to that knee.

18. Piston Honda

Piston Honda Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2014
    The AD I saw in his last full season would make the Dolphins serious contenders. He and Miller would be virtually unstoppable.

dolphin25 likes this.
  19. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    As much as the cap numbers can be massaged, I don't think they're in financial position to make a play for Peterson anymore.

20. Fame

Fame Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2012
    Vero Beach
    Yeah, he was also 28 years old at the time. A 30 year old RB is never a wise investment.

21. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    He probably has 2-3 more AD style years in him - he missed time for his knee and last season, so that is less wear.

He would fit best with a veteran team looking to make one last push in that kind of time window. Dallas is obviously the most logical. Romo probably has the same window, they are in SB contention, they have the money, an owner not shy about the trigger and Peterson has local ties. If they don't go for it, pretty much everyone would be shocked here.

22. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

No

No no and no

23. UBMurda

UBMurda New Member

Mar 7, 2015
    Yeah but that old guy had a year off n coming from an MVP season.

I say yes go n get him he can still go hard.

Ya'll must've forgot what he did before being suspended last season.
    He's a big time playmaker worth the money rather spend it on offense then defense.

https://youtu.be/BJ7-CfJ34V4

24. muskrat21

muskrat21 Well-Known Member

May 11, 2014
    no
    TLDR version:
    no

25. The G Man

The G Man Git 'r doooonnne!!!

Mar 18, 2009
    I don't understand the tampering comments. He was reinstated and is under contract with the Vikings. He's not a FA.

Anyway, the talk on NFLN last night was that maybe the Raiders will make a play for him. That Minnesota will do what is in their best interest, and trading him to Dallas (a NFC team) could potentially come back to bite them.

I think it all comes down to whether or not the two sides can kiss and make up. But again, the Vikings hold all the power here (unless of course AP starts talking hold out). I think it also depends on what they can get in return for him. If a team makes them a Herschel Walker type of trade offer, they be foolish not to take it. Particularly with all the needs they have.

As for Miami and the possibility we make a move for him, I don't see it. The price would be way too high, and as others have said, we're not a RB away from being a legit SB contender.

26. CrunchTime

CrunchTime Administrator Retired Administrator

Nov 23, 2007