1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Draft Geek mock 4/9/15

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by jim1, Apr 10, 2015.

1. jim1

jim1 New Member

Jul 1, 2008
    14) Miami Dolphins - La'el Collins (OT L.S.U) La'el Collins L.S.U

Miami has done a fine job this off season helping out Ryan Tannehill by adding Jordan Cameron and Kenny Stills and at the same time eliminating a headache in Mike Wallace. Tannehill should have enough weapons now to be successful, but the offensive line still has some holes to be patched. Mike Pouncey will move back to center this year leaving two voids at guard, franchise left tackle Brandon Albert saw his season ended by a serious knee injury and last year's first rounder Ja'Wuan James had an awful rookie campaign which saw him lead the league in QB hurries allowed. LSU's La'el Collins would come in as a fix-it man with the ability to play either guard or tackle spot. He'd make an immediate impact as a mauling run-blocker at guard before eventually taking over one of the tackle spots.

47) Miami Dolphins - Phillip Dorsett (WR Miami) Miami Dolphins
    Even though the Dolphins traded Mike Wallace, this pick would be more about value than need. Phillip Dorsett is too good and too fast to fall any further in the draft. The local product would give Ryan Tannehill the gamebreaking receiving core he's never had.

- See more at: http://www.nfldraftgeek.com/2015nflmockdraft-roundtwo.html#sthash.ULqIc57M.dpuf

2. PerfectTeam

PerfectTeam Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Port St. Lucie, FL
    This pleases me. I like both players. We can put Collins at OG as they said and have an insurance policy for Albert. Dorsett I'd think could be our version of Randall Cobb maybe? Just how I envision him being used.

jim1 likes this.
  3. jim1

jim1 New Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Yeah, I like the picks quite a bit, both great fits especially Collins in the OG/OT role. In all fairness the author could have mentioned that James was playing some pretty darned good football at RT until he had to move to LT because of the Albert injury.

CashInFist and PerfectTeam like this.
  4. PerfectTeam

PerfectTeam Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Port St. Lucie, FL
    It wasn't sexy but I really like the James pick. I read thru the entire 2nd round and to be honest as much as I like Dorsett, I think Agholor would be my prefered choice if both were on the board still. Wouldn't be unhappy at all with Dorsett, just really think Agholor has the higher ceiling ultimately.

5. jim1

jim1 New Member

Jul 1, 2008
    I'd take Devin Smith over either of those WRs in the 2nd rd, and if not a WR there then I'd look at Tyler Lockett and Kenny Bell later in the draft, maybe 4th rd Lockett or 5th rd Bell.

I wasn't happy with the James pick, for OT I would have gone with Cyrus Kouandjio and if anything traded down in the 1st rd to take James. My first choice for the pick was WR Brandin Cooks. James played solid ball at RT, it wasn't his fault that Albert got hurt and he had to go to the left side.

6. invid

invid Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Would rather have Brandon Scherff. I don't know why.. I just don't like La'el Collins' game. Jim, can you recommend a tape to watch? You seem pretty high on Collins.

7. jim1

jim1 New Member

Jul 1, 2008
    http://draftbreakdown.com/players/lael-collins/

Collins is just a solid player, brute force in the running game and pretty darned good in pass pro, looks quicker since he dropped to 305 lbs. In my opinion he's just what the doctor ordered in terms of a Guard/Tackle player, and my late round sleeper in that same role continues to be this LT, keep in mind as you watch that he's 6-6, 350 lbs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkP3N7yJjso

Talk has been made of Fabuluje's character, but I'm not going to penalize him for switching schools and missing a lot of football because he had to take care of his family, he seems like a pretty good guy from what I've read.

invid likes this.
  8. sports24/7

sports24/7 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    That would be an interesting couple of days for me. I'd hate taking Collins (especially with Parker on the board), but if they came back and got Dorsett I'd be very happy and fine with Collins. I doubt Dorsett will be there though.

If it were me, and the draft played out like that, and they wanted a lineman and a WR, I'd go Parker then Fisher. I think you're getting more bang for your buck. I'd be happy with Dorsett and Collins though.

9. invid

invid Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 9, 2012
    His best game was probably against Florida. I was under impressed with his Wisconsin tapes which is all I had seen of his before. What weight was he playing at throughout the season?