1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should the Dolphins pull the trigger on WR DeVante Parker?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by jim1, Apr 5, 2015.

1. jim1

jim1 New Member

Jul 1, 2008
    -- This is a pretty good breakdown of Davante Parker, ultimately from Ian Wharton's Draft Guide (Big Board Draft) as mentioned in the article. I think that I'm going to buy the draft guide for $5 now, looks pretty good:

http://www.bigboarddraft.com/#!ian-whartons-draft-guide/c1k4

Davante Parker- solid WR, good character, has some speed, good size that we could use, good hands- but does he scream out top 20 pick on film? To me, no. As I mentioned before, I'd rather have Jordan Matthews, and he was the 42 pick last year. I'd still take Parker over Jaelen Strong, but both are late 1st/early to mid 2nd round types to me.

But this is kind of a weak draft, and there's the rub. Parker at #14 would be ok, but I certainly would consider La'el Collins for sure and probably also Eddie Goldman, go for value and then come back in the 2nd with maybe a Phillip Dorsett.

-- From the article:

The Dolphins have a real need at CB, WR, ILB, and S, so, they could go any direction with their pick. My hope is that the Dolphins think "qualtiy" rather than "quantity" when it comes to the draft this year. That means, quit trading down for more picks when the playmaker is staring right at you on the draft board. We've missed so many difference-making players because of this philosophy.

In my "50 Miami Dolphins Mocks" that I posted on Tuesday, WR DeVonte Parker was one of two favorite picks for our team in the upcoming draft. This is Ian Wharton's analysis on Parker.

http://phinfever.com/index.php/9-blog/138-should-the-dolphins-pull-the-trigger-on-wr-devonte-parker

2. UCF FINatic

UCF FINatic The Miami Dolphins select

Apr 17, 2008
    He scares me with his limited production in college as well as his inability to separate. He is the type of player that tests better than he plays.

I'd rather trade back or go a different route than him.

rafael likes this.