1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NFL/Draft Analysts - Who Do You Rate?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by Galant, Apr 4, 2015.

1. Galant

Galant Love - Unity - Sacrifice - Eternity

Apr 22, 2014
    It's mock draft time, often the biggest waste of time in the football year. On the other hand, the insight can be valuable - if you can wade through the rubbish.

I was going to do a review of last year's mock drafts and see who came out on top but I didn't keep any records myself and it's proven tough to dig anything up online. So, instead, here's a question, of all the NFL analysts and media talking-heads, whose opinion, if any, do you most value, and are there any limitation on that? Who will you be looking to for some real insight in this pre-draft season?

Of all the NFL analysts in general I've found I like Mayock the best. He had some solid insight last year and seems to be about the football more than the hype. I'll be keeping any eye out for his mocks.

You guys?

2. Pandarilla

Pandarilla Purist Emeritus

Sep 10, 2009
    Boone, NC
    Jeff Darlington for team news and anyone who will mock Gurley to us...

3. jboogie

jboogie The sky is NOT falling!

Pandarilla likes this.
  4. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

As for mock drafts, I trust Daniel Jeremiah and Bucky Brooks as much as anyone, because they were both actually employed at one time by NFL teams as college scouts.

Sceeto likes this.
  5. The G Man

The G Man Git 'r doooonnne!!!

Mar 18, 2009
    I like Mayock for the most part. Although, a little of him can go along way sometimes. I also like Charley Casserly and former NFLN analyst Michael Lombardi. Both are pretty good personnel guys.

Sceeto likes this.
  6. Pauly

Pauly Season Ticket Holder

Nov 29, 2007
    I'm not a fan of mock drafts. You have to take into account does a player fit a coach's scheme, plus the FO of a team knows stuff that fans don't know, such as the development of players who did not play mutch or the medical status of players. \most draft analysts can get 75% accuracy of players who will be selected in the first round. So basing your review of an analyst based on their opinion to slot players to teams in the first round is a nice trick, but one that doesn't tell me much about whether that person is a good analyst.

For me the more important analysis is in which players will be successful, or what players fit what schemes.Which players are ready now, which will need to improve their games.

For that kind of analysis I like guys like Matt Waldmann.

7. adamprez2003

adamprez2003 Senior Member

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    The guy from Dallas was really good for awhile. Forgot his Name though

8. Stringer Bell

Stringer Bell Post Hard, Post Often Club Member

Mar 22, 2008
    A composite of all available mock drafts will be more accurate than any single mock draft over time IMO.

9. Galant

Galant Love - Unity - Sacrifice - Eternity

Apr 22, 2014
    More accurate than/for what?

10. ILDolPhan

ILDolPhan New Member

Apr 9, 2013
    Rick Gosselin. That guy was money. Unfortunately, I don't think he does mocks anymore.