1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sports Buzz: Dolphins bringing in WRs, DBs, LBs

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by jim1, Apr 1, 2015.

1. jim1

jim1 New Member

Jul 1, 2008
    The Dolphins have begun summoning draft prospects that intrigue them to team headquarters, and there’s an emphasis on three need areas: receiver, linebacker and defensive back.

According to a team source, Louisville receiver DeVante Parker, Auburn receiver Sammy Coates and Southern California receiver George Farmer are among the maximum-permitted 30 non-local players being flown to South Florida to meet with coaches and executives in Davie.

The Dolphins also have invited UM’s Phillip Dorsett (36, 871, 10 TDs) and FSU’s Reshad Greene (99, 1365, 7 TDs) to audition for them and meet with coaches on their local day April 10.

Among linebackers, the Dolphins booked visits with Clemson outside linebacker Vic Beasley, Georgia inside linebacker Ramik Wilson (according to walterfootball.com) and Michigan inside linebacker Jake Ryan (confirmed by a source; first reported by ESPN’s James Walker). Beasley (13 and 12 sacks the past two seasons) could be an option at No. 14 if he surprisingly slides.

Among the draft’s top handful of middle linebackers, Miami plans to audition UM’s Denzel Perryman later this month and sent linebackers coach Mark Duffner to Clemson to work out and dine with potential second-rounder Stephone Anthony.

Among defensive backs scheduled for Dolphins visits, at least three are potential second-to-fourth-rounders: Utah’s Eric Rowe (can play safety or corner); Louisville safety and Miami Southridge alum Gerod Holliman (a second- or third-rounder with 14 interceptions last season) and Louisville cornerback Charles Gaines (a Miami Central alum with seven picks over the past two years).

Also booked: Minnesota safety Cedric Thompson, a potential late-rounder or free agent who wasn’t invited to the NFL Combine but was productive in college and impressive at his Pro Day.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/spor...adium-update-heat-marlins-canes-chatter-.html

2. JDelenne

JDelenne Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Orlando, FL
    How dare you post real news on April 1st

SICK and Silverphin like this.
  3. invid

invid Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 9, 2012
    I know nothing of George Farmer, he's either a UDFA target or they're bringing him down to Florida to prod him about Nelson Agholor (which I'm not sure is a common thing to do). Or both. Ramik Wilson is probably a day three contingency if Anthony goes before our second-round pick, which I believe has a good chance of happening. Sammy Coates is so impressive physically, can you trust him to work on his craft? His catching needs work. Lukewarm on D. Perryman, his Nebraska game was terrible. Cedric Thompson was all-academic Big 10, a team captain, and was the first person in his family to not only graduate college, but graduate high school. He's got a great story and turned in above average measurements at his pro day. Very athletic guy. Is he just a steady sub at the NFL or can he be something special? I don't know. I don't think he makes it to UDFA though. I think he goes from rounds 5-7. Not sure we need extra-small receivers but Greene and Dorsett are that. Don't know if they would be put in the rotation right away, but I think the staff are looking for faster guys than Jarvis Landry for kick return duties. Landry got big gains last year but couldn't break any home runs, staff may be looking for guys that can do that as well as allow themselves to keep Jarvis Landry fresh for the standard offense.

This is all conjecture.

4. 305

305 Brawndo Club Member

Dec 7, 2007
    Get off my lawn.
    Perryman... Love it

5. Pandarilla

Pandarilla Purist Emeritus

Sep 10, 2009
    Boone, NC
    Smokescreen for Bernardrick McKinney.

Trade back for McKinney and an extra pick.

6. Itsdahumidity

Itsdahumidity X gonna take it from ya

Dec 10, 2007
    More of the same in regards to the LBs

Dolphins exploring linebackers, including standout who says Miami likes him

"The Dolphins might find a long-term starting linebacker in the second round --- Denzel Perryman said the Dolphins told him they like him"

“I don’t see an inside linebacker in the first round,” said Mayock

"Kendricks, best suited to play WILL linebacker in a 4-3, had 146 tackles last season and “is a football magnet with... relentless motor to finish,” Rang and Brugler said."

McKinney has ideal middle linebacker size (6-4, 246) and is instinctive. “While he's a stout run defender, he isn't as consistent in space,” said Brugler and Rang, who rate him 45th among all prospects

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/sports-buzz/2015/04/dolphins-exploring-linebackers-including-standout-who-says-miami-likes-him-heat-marlins-chatter.html