1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NFL Draft Enigma Lynden Trail Has Seen It All and Can Do It All

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by jim1, Mar 29, 2015.

1. jim1

jim1 New Member

Jul 1, 2008
    He played all three positions at the Senior Bowl and has been working out for teams as both a defender and a tight end during the pre-draft process. It's one thing to be tall and strong enough to box guys out, but in order for a player to succeed professionally as a tight end, he needs hands and route-running prowess, and it appears Trail—who was a wide receiver in high school—has what it takes.

"They had him running routes on his pro day," Adrian told Bleacher Report, "and the guy throwing him the ball, who was a former NFL quarterback, couldn't believe how well he ran his routes and how good his hands were."

As a junior in 2013, Trail scored three touchdowns on offense while also recording 94 tackles, 12.5 tackles for a loss, two interceptions, eight pass breakups, 10 pass knockdowns, five forced fumbles, two fumble recoveries and two blocked kicks.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ynden-trail-has-seen-it-all-and-can-do-it-all

Fin4Ever and CashInFist like this.
  2. jim1

jim1 New Member

Jul 1, 2008
    At the DT spot, Miami has worked out Washington State DT Xavier Cooper and have shown interest in Arizona State explosive DT Marcus Hardison. Fresno State DT Tyler Davison is another prospect that Miami put thru a workout and have shown interest in.

A very interesting name that caught my attention was OLB/DE Lynden Trail of Norfolk State. He will be visiting the Davie complex on April 9-10.

http://phinfever.com/index.php/9-bl...ere-and-there-as-we-work-our-way-to-the-draft

3. invid

invid Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Don't know much about him besides asides from you and CK. Better, potentially, as a TE or DE?

4. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    I haven't really seen him play a lot of tight end but the idea intrigues me. He seems like a basketball type talent and the spot you typically plug those guys into is usually at tight end.

On defense you've got to worry about a bunch of things like him having violent hands, quick recognition of the play development. Great defensive players in the NFL tend to have great defensive mentality, they're not just great athletes. I think you can get away with guys on offense being great based on athleticism without necessarily being super instinctive football players, especially at tight end.