1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shaq Thompson?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by danmarino, Mar 26, 2015.

1. danmarino

danmarino Tua is H1M! Club Member

Sep 4, 2014
    I've been reading about this kid and can say I'm really intrigued by him. Any of you draft guru's have an opinion about him? Do you think the Dolphins would go for someone like him and if so will he still be around come #14?

2. cbrad

cbrad .

Dec 21, 2014
    Question is what do you do with Jenkins? Shaq seems to be a lot better at OLB than at RB, so I'm guessing he replaces Jenkins? BPA is a good strategy, yes, but this one might not add as much value as Kendricks because of the position/need.

danmarino likes this.
  3. danmarino

danmarino Tua is H1M! Club Member

Sep 4, 2014
    Some experts are saying he'd also make a good safety. It just seems to me that he's a rare talent.

4. CashInFist

CashInFist Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2007
    West Virginia
    I would like to see him at Safety, but apparently he doesn't want to play there. Hell of a FOOTBALL player though.

5. ExplosionsInDaSky

ExplosionsInDaSky Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2011
    Dion Jordan is a hell of a football player without a position as well.

SICK likes this.
  6. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

I do not consider Jenkins limited to just Will. He could play Sam too, if Shaq were drafted to play Will.

7. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    could he be the next cam chansellor?

8. cuchulainn

cuchulainn Táin Bó Cúailnge Club Member

Sep 7, 2012
    Hattiesburg, MS
    So apparently McShay has us taking OLB Shaq Thompson at #16 (in a trade down?) and converting him to a Safety in his last mock.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...2015-notable-picks-from-espn-gurus-first-mock

Shaq entered the draft as an OLB, but played safety, linebacker and running back for the Huskies.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shaq_Thompson

I think FS is more of a need than CB, but not sure about this move. Probably makes perfect sense to Coyles though... ;-)

Had a buddy send me this:

MrClean likes this.
  9. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

The date of the mock draft is Dec 17, 2014