1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post Free Agency Dolphins Mock Draft

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by finsbuck719, Mar 20, 2015.

1. finsbuck719

finsbuck719 New Member

Jan 25, 2009
    After trades and free agency, I want us to really focus on offensive talent heavily in this draft. Especially, cause in my opinion defensive talent really drops off after the first round and I think we have a top 5 defense on paper as of now. I know a lot of you want us to go after a CB2 early in this draft, but I have a lot of confidence in Taylor/Davis/McCain/Stanford. Plus, with our pass rush now, it will make our secondary better. If Dion Jordan makes the move to OLB like most of us plan and hope, then that gives us a solid LB corps as well (Misi, Jenkins, Jordan with Tripp and Wheeler as backups)

1. WR, DeVante Parker. I would love Kevin White and Amari Cooper and would be all for trading up a few spots if one of them falls to the 8-13 range. But, this mock I'm making is with no trades. Parker has true #1 receiver talent and now that we have our deep threat in Stills, I don't think Parker needs to be that deep threat that had people questioning him.

2. RB, Jay Ajayi. I have always been against drafting RB high, but I've watched A LOT of tape on this guy and he flashes Todd Gurley traits. I've seen reports saying he struggles to break out of arm tackles and that blows my mind. It seems like he never goes down after first contact and he has some breakaway speed as well in the 2nd level.

4. TE/H-back, Clive Walford. I realize he may not be available with our 4th round pick, but I have seen some mocks projecting him late 3rd-4th. If need be, I would be willing to trade up for him. I like his Charles Clay-type play and Clay really helped open up our offense as a joker in our offense. You can move him all over the field (backfield, in-line at the TE spot, slot, split out wide, etc...)

5a (fr. Vikings). DT, Grady Jarrett or Rakeem Nunez-Roches. I'll take either of these guys if available with our 5th round pick. They may be considered "undersized" but both of them have great pass rush capabilities and high motors. I like this as a depth pick at DT and eventually they can become a starter next to Suh.

5b. WR, Josh Harper. This gives Tanny another sure-handed weapon at receiver. He would probably battle Matthews for the 4th WR position, and even though Harper may not be open every single play, he makes up for it with his extremely soft hands and ability to make plays after the catch.

6. OG, Ben Beckwith. Gives us some depth at guard. Could be a project to work with.

GARDENHEAD likes this.