1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mock Draft Roundup

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Galant, Mar 18, 2015.

1. Galant

Galant Love - Unity - Sacrifice - Eternity

Apr 22, 2014
    As per the Finsiders

Here's the TLDR Roundup of the Roundup - CB x4, WR x4, S x1, LB x1

"Brian Baldinger, NFL.com: Marcus Peters, CB, Washington (PP: None)
    Don’t let up on the defensive gas now. Keep building around Ndamukong Suh.
    Bucky Brooks, NFL.com: Landon Collins, S, Alabama (PP: Trae Waynes, CB, Michigan St.)
    Adding an instinctive playmaker to the back end would help the Dolphins eliminate the big plays in the passing game.
    Dane Brugler, CBSSports.com: Dorian Green-Beckham, WR, Oklahoma (PP: Brandon Scherff, OL, Iowa)
    Who will take a chance on DGB? With Mike Wallace and Brian Hartline gone, quarterback Ryan Tannehill needs talented pass-catchers and Green-Beckham might be worth the risk here.
    Charles Casserly, NFL.com: Marcus Peters, CB, Washington (PP: None)
    The Dolphins have to stop Tom Brady, and take Peters here.
    Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN.com (Insider Access Only): DeVante Parker, WR, Louisville (PP: Trae Waynes)
    Brandon Gibson is gone, Brian Hartline is too, and Mike Wallace has a chance to be traded. In short, wide receiver is becoming a pretty clear need for this offense. Parker has as high a ceiling as you can find in this class and it wouldn’t surprise me at all if someday we’re talking about him as the best of the top three guys in this class, as I have them closely grouped. Parker will beat defenders to the ball on high-point catches with his size, leaping ability and catch radius, and he’s underrated as a threat to add yards after the catch on short throws. I can see Miami going a few different ways here, but Parker makes sense because the Dolphins need to keep options available for Ryan Tannehill.
    Matt Miller, Bleacher Report: Benardrick McKinney, LB, Mississippi St. (PP: Malcom Brown, DT, Texas)
    The Miami Dolphins defense continued to take big strides in 2014 thanks largely to an impressive defensive line, but they must make improvements at the next level in order to truly reach elite status. Miami has some definite question marks at linebacker, which is why it is easy to envision the Dolphins pouncing on Mississippi State inside linebackerBenardrick McKinney if he is available. McKinney was the leader of a Bulldogs defense that was dominant for long stretches of the 2014 season and helped the team reach the No. 1 ranking. He is a sure-handed tackler with a high football IQ, which makes him an ideal middle linebacker in the NFL…
    Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com: Marcus Peters, CB, Washington (PP: Trae Waynes)
    He has some off-field concerns, but they have to get a corner and he has a ton of talent.
    Rob Rang, CBSSports.com: DeVante Parker, WR, Louisville (PP: Eddie Goldman, DT, Florida State)
    The addition of DT Ndamukong Suh likely switches Miami’s focus in the draft to nabbing a playmaker for Ryan Tannehill. At 6-3, 209 pounds, the silky-smooth Parker has the size, as well as the fluidity and hang-time to win contested passes to emerge as a big-play threat opposite steady Jarvis Landry.
    James Walker, ESPN.com: DeVante Parker, WR, Louisville (PP: Shaq Thompson, LB, Washington)
    The Dolphins traded No. 1 receiver Mike Wallace to the Minnesota Vikings and need to add more talent to this group. Currently, Kenny Stills is the team’s No. 1 receiver. Stills, 22, has talent. But that role is probably a little too big for Stills. This is another strong class for wide receivers. At least three receiver prospects are expected to go in the top 15 picks.Kevin White of West Virginia, Amari Cooper of Alabama and Parker could all help the Dolphins. However, Parker has the best chance to fall to No. 14. Parker suffered injuries and wasn’t as productive as his top receiver counterparts. But the talent is there.
    Lance Zierlein, NFL.com: Jalen Collins, CB, LSU (PP: DeVante Parker)
    This could be a good trade-back spot for Miami. Collins has great size, speed and talent for the Dolphins to groom."

2. 77FinFan

77FinFan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Mar 10, 2013
    Buckeye Land
    I don't like Peters. Don't want, at least not at 14.

3. cbrad

cbrad .

Dec 21, 2014
    I think there's a good chance we pick none of the above. Our new front office is a bit unpredictable now with Tannenbaum in the mix.

4. Phoenician Fan

Phoenician Fan Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2013
    The Dolphins are extremely disrespected among most of these media types. It only makes sense that they would mock a degenerate efup that runs a 4.6 to be our pick for a CB at 14; or mock us a mediocre WR prospect when we already have an x,z, and slot receiver as well as decent depth in Matthews and Hazel. Jordan Cameron will play more slot receiver than anyone else on the roster.

5. Galant

Apr 22, 2014
    Omar has just posted his 7 round draft:

[​IMG]Omar Kelly ✔ @OmarKelly
    Follow

My Dolphins draft: 1. Devante Parker 2. Cody Prewitt 4. Tre Jackson 5. Quandre Diggs 5. Deshazor Everett 6. Josh Robinson 7. Jon Feliciano
    10:42 PM - 18 Mar 2015

FYI - That's WR, FS, OG, CB, CB, RB, OG.

6. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    Did we get another 7th?

7. Galant

Apr 22, 2014
    Good catch! :D

8. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dec 11, 2007
    Omar Kelly ✔ @OmarKelly
    RT @DolphinsDraft @SteveSimone088 Traded that pick with Wallace. No 7th. > MY BAD....Then delete that 7th round pick. Wishful thinking.

Aw, honest mistake

9. danmarino

danmarino Tua is H1M! Club Member

Sep 4, 2014
    From the 49ers when they got Martin

10. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dec 11, 2007
    They traded that pick.

danmarino likes this.
  11. Galant

Apr 22, 2014
    Picks are as stands:

1st

2nd

3rd
    To Saints

4th

5th
    141 from Vikes

6th

7th
    206 to Ravens for McKinnie
    207 from 49ers for Martin but then to Vikes for 5th round with Wallace.

12. Piston Honda

Piston Honda Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2014
    Do not sleep on Parker. Dude is a baller.

djphinfan likes this.
  13. Undisputed

Undisputed Banned

Mar 2, 2015
    I'm all in on Parker, he will be a stud!

14. cbrad

cbrad .

Dec 21, 2014
    Parker seems to really bring out divisions in the way people value WR's. I personally would be against him at #14, but if you snag him in a trade-back, then I'm fine with it.

Fin4Ever and dolphin25 like this.
  15. dolphin25

dolphin25 Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2014
    Parker scares me with his injuries. How did he do against the big schools?

16. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    Our biggest need is safety.

Collins in the first
    Nelson Algahlor in the second

Bring back Delmas and let Collins learn.

17. Brasfin

Brasfin Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2013
    Brazil
    The consensus is that he's more of a strong safety in the Reshad Jones mold... I'd rather get more of a plug-and-play guy in the first than someone who would need to sit out and learn while risking a possible future mismatch in skillset relative to the position (Dion Jordan, for example).

Kendricks or Waynes on defense for me. On offense I'd go with Cooper or White, if one of them falls (unlikely), or Todd Gurley (with the approval of doctors).

Clark Kent and Fin4Ever like this.
  18. nathandennison

nathandennison New Member

Oct 8, 2013
    Cody Prewitt will be a massive flop hope we stay miles away from him

19. biggiesmalls3k1

biggiesmalls3k1 ZT = H.O.F. Club Member

Nov 11, 2010
    Orlando, Florida
    Melvin Gordon doesn't interest anyone? I know its not a NEED but I think he is the BPA if he's sitting there at #14. It would be a huge help to Tannehill to have a stud like that in the backfield. I like Lamar Miller alot, but Gordon is just on a different level I believe...