1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No Survivor Thread???

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Paul 13, May 13, 2008.

1. Paul 13

Paul 13 Chaotic Neutral & Unstable Genius Staff Member

Dec 3, 2007
    I don't know why but now that it's been two days since Fans vs Favorites ended, I feel the need to discuss it... particularly that stupid hippie ERIC!!! WTF was he thinking??? It always amazes me when people get on these reality shows and you're supposed to scheme and stab people in the back to win... yet some people get on there and let their morals get in the way.... and they end up getting taken for a fool and lose the game!!

BTW, anyone else think Parvati and Amanda looked way hotter without makeup (during the show) than they did with makeup (during the hour aftershow)?? And what was with that chick Natalie, is she a full on lesbian or just bisexual? She had a great rack but her face left something to be desired... Back to Amanda, she's the hottest girl I've seen in any of the Survivors...

Kinda sad it's over... although the men in this season were really stupid, except for Jonathan...

Discuss!

2. His'nBeatYour'n

His'nBeatYour'n Glass Ceiling Repairman

Dec 10, 2007
    New York
    Been a fan and constant viewer of Survivor. Still the best and most consistent of the reality revolution.

Erik wasn't a hippie, hippies are smart or stoned, Erik was just stupid and naive.

I think morals come into play to a larger degree than most viewers notice, we just don't see the majority of what happens.

Each season is 14 or 15 44 minute episodes based on 39 days in a deserted location. We see only 1% of the time they've spent together during a season. And the majority of that time is spent having normal human connections in an extreme situation. I've always felt that the when we've watched and laughed at contestants for not playing "the game" there was always at least a hidden reason for this. The producers and editors that eventually frame these seasons focus on the narratives that best tell a story, their focus isn't always on the reality of what happened. On the cutting room floor, or possibly never filmed at all, are probably dozens of moments that justify a lot of the stupid behavior we witness on Survivor.

Amand and ParvZ? I like them both better without makeup. Sometimes women wind up looking better during the finale, but for the most part if they are beautiful on the island, they only manage to screw it up with makeup. I tell my fiancee this all the time.

Yeah, Jeff did seem to blow it during the finale by not addressing Nat's/that C-word's apparent bisexuality/lesbianism. Really hated her, yet my fiancee didn't. Hmmm.

Doesn't Jonathan sound like Alan Alda?

3. maynard

maynard Who, whom?

Dec 5, 2007
    clearwater, fl
    havent watched since the first season

4. His'nBeatYour'n

His'nBeatYour'n Glass Ceiling Repairman

Dec 10, 2007
    New York
    No Survivor, but Hell's Kitchen? You need to come back.

5. maynard

maynard Who, whom?

Dec 5, 2007
    clearwater, fl
    lol. ive been off reality tv for some time. i watch hells kitchen more because i like ramsay. maybe ill catch an episode and see if i like it again

6. Firesole

Firesole Season Ticket Holder

Mar 24, 2008
    this was the best season of Survivor IMO. All of the blindsides made it more interesting, along with the fake immunity idol. God this show makes guys look dumb. First off with Jason thinking he found the HII, after Ozzy carved a smiley face into a stick! And Eric, WTF? That is easily the dumbest move in Survivor history right there!

How confused was everybody when Natalie asked her jury question to Parv? I thought they were gonna start making out right there. (well I was hoping anyway)

7. ILPhinFan88

ILPhinFan88 Premium Member Luxury Box

Havent watched since our hometown boy Butch made it to the final 3

8. Clark Kent

Clark Kent Fighter of the Nightman

May 9, 2008
    Final 4 (Rob, Matt, and Jenna were f3):up:

I watched this season and it was good. Sucks Jonathan had to leave because of injury. He's one of my favorites.

Micronesia was good, but season 1 and Pearl Islands were better (PI actually holds the records for blindsides, I don't know where Jeff is getting his info...). I pretty much hated every guy on the show, they're just dumb. I didn't care for the girls that much either.

Watching Amanda crash and burn, again, was great.

Also the people always look uglier at the reunion because A). They've put on weight, and B. The lighting is terrible. But it's probably true they're better looking without makeup.

9. DrAstroZoom

DrAstroZoom Canary in a Coal Mine Luxury Box

Jan 8, 2008
    Springfield, Ill.
    Loved Jonathan. And I have to say, I loved Natalie too. She had that homicidally-insane hot thing going for her. Amanda just didn't have the same pull without the mystery blur from Survivor: China.

10. Firesole

Firesole Season Ticket Holder

Mar 24, 2008
    how bad must it suck to play Back to Back Survivors and finish 2nd in both?

Are any of you guys going to watch the next season's Survivor in Africa? I wonder what twists there will this year.

11. DrAstroZoom

DrAstroZoom Canary in a Coal Mine Luxury Box

Jan 8, 2008
    Springfield, Ill.
    Unfortunately, the only "twist" they've mentioned thus far is filming it in HD. Whoo. Hoo.