1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

this isnt likely but why not sign him

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Aquafin, Feb 27, 2015.

1. Aquafin

Aquafin New Member

Jun 16, 2011
    the poor house
    Detroit released Reggie Bush and if Ronnie Brown is also on the market why not sign Reggie Bush and cut Daniel Thomas and add Ronnie Brown as a fulltime fullback use Reggie and Lamar in a two back set. my reasoning may be lame but with our oline why not add a fullback or another tightend . and we should never have let Reggie Bush go because that really set us back a year on that lame *** move.

I know that wont happen but they are playmakers . Ronnie MAY NOT BE FAST BUT HE CAN STILL BLOCK . and I would seriously trade for Dez Bryant screw that Jeff Ireland Dez can do two things well where as Hartline could do nothing worth watching so adding a couple of wrs and a legit running back and we are in business.

jim1 likes this.
  2. Pennington's Limp Arm

Pennington's Limp Arm Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2014
    Ontario, Canada
    Lamar Miller makes him redundant in Miami.
    There is a need for more of a short yardage type back to compliment Miller.

3. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    Lousaka Polite.

Boom, there's your short yardage back.

Now, which Walmart is he working at?

4. Vengeful Odin

Vengeful Odin Norse Mod

Dec 2, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    A couple points:

1) Both Bush and Brown are done. There's no need to bring them back. There are better (and cheaper) short yardage backs out there. Our offense doesn't really have a traditional fullback, and I'm not sure what Brown brings to the table at that position.
    2) Dez Bryant will not be traded in Dallas. There's no way that happens. Even if it does happen, we don't have the kind of cap room that it's going to take to get here.

Clearly, this leaves us with only one solution. We should not only trade for Dez Bryant, but also for Adrian Peterson. #Championship.

5. Disgustipate

Disgustipate Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Neither of them really have the vision and decision-making skills to work well in zone running schemes.

Reggie Bush still has tread on his tires I think, but he's got a counter-intuitive and narrow set of run plays he works well on. Bill Lazor I think would use him well, but Philbin wants a predominantly zone scheme so I couldn't see it happening.

Ronnie Brown is solely a 3rd down back at this point in his career, and there are maybe better options in that capacity. I'd rather we work on Damien Williams blocking at this point.

Aquafin likes this.
  6. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    ''Ronnie brown is fat''...

member that...

7. gilv13

gilv13 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2009
    I am all for this. I need an excuse to bust out my Ronnie Brown Jersey.

dolphin25 and Aquafin like this.
  8. jw3102

jw3102 season ticket holder

Sep 4, 2010
    Maui, Hawaii
    I don't see any benefit in signing Bush or Brown. They both are well past their prime and are not going to really help a team which will probably have trouble winning more than 6 or 7 games next season.

I would rather ther see the team go with a youth movement next year,so they can get some experience before the new head coach takes over in 2016.

9. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    I read this, and thought someone bumped a thread from 3 years ago or so...

Yikes.

Not likely to happen is exactly right. For so many reasons. The main one being... its... uh... Crazy?

10. Georgia Fin

Georgia Fin Fin For Life

Nov 25, 2007
    West Georgia
    Ha Ha, I thought I was the only one who started drinking at lunch today!

11. Aquafin

Aquafin New Member

Jun 16, 2011
    the poor house
    ya are probally right , I think I was trying to find something positive with two negatives and usually that equals a positive but not this time around, we do need to get some star players in here and soon.

12. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

Put down the bottle of Wild Turkey and slowly back away...

Fin4Ever and Stitches like this.
  13. Aquafin

Aquafin New Member

Jun 16, 2011
    the poor house
    ah there you are Mrclean no thread is complete without you're expert opinion and I wised you too. welcome back.

14. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    Don't need to cut Daniel Thomas, as he is a FA.

15. Clark Kent

Clark Kent Fighter of the Nightman

May 9, 2008
    Lamar Miller does not make Reggie Bush redundant. Lamar Miller isn't nearly the chunk yardage and homerun player Reggie Bush is (when healthy). Philbin never used Reggie correctly (or most of our players, he's an idiot) during their year together and isn't likely to start now.