1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Connor Halliday limited yet eager in his pursuit of the NFL

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by jim1, Feb 20, 2015.

1. jim1

jim1 New Member

Jul 1, 2008
    INDIANAPOLIS – The tweet was heartbreaking.

It read, "22 years of hard work I was 3 (expletive) games away from my dream 3 freakin games away from being drafted and living my dream"

Connor Halliday sent the tweet on Nov. 2. He had been college football's leader in passing yards, passing touchdowns and completions per game for Washington State. But even though there were three games left in his senior season, a broken leg would end his Cougars career.

Looking back now, the memories still sting Halliday. But he's vowing to move forward.

Among the teams that have spoken with Halliday so far this week are the Miami Dolphins, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, the San Diego Chargers, the Philadelphia Eagles and the Dallas Cowboys.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...yet-eager-in-his-pursuit-of-the-nfl/23706447/

2. Limbo

Limbo Mad Stillz

Mar 21, 2013
    Yeah, good story, seems like a good kid.

Problem is he weighed in at under 200lbs and his hands are tiny (8 3/8). The hand size is a big issue for his draft prospects, imo.

jim1 likes this.
  3. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    22 years of hard work? You mean to tell me he was working on his drop-backs since he was swimming in his father's junk?

Brasfin likes this.
  4. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    Well technically speaking beating out a million other of your brothers and sisters to get up the uterine track and into that egg despite its anti-sperm defenses, that sh-t ain't easy.

77FinFan likes this.
  5. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    As for Halliday and the hand size thing I get that hand size is a scouting point but at the same time he's got about a billion throws on tape at Washington State and so you have more than enough ability to evaluate his accuracy and velocity (both of which are fine, IMO). You also will have more than enough fumble data.

6. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    Yeah, whatever, Michael Phelps.