1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FBGP's 2015 NFL Draft WR Rankings by Positon: X, Z, Slot, Inside & U

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by EmDiggy, Feb 11, 2015.

1. EmDiggy

EmDiggy New Member

Jan 14, 2010
    ToddPhin likes this.
  2. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    Don't ever let anyone accuse you of not being detailed or willing to take a chance.

Henderson State with a 1st round grade! (whistles)

ToddPhin and EmDiggy like this.
  3. EmDiggy

EmDiggy New Member

Jan 14, 2010
    Ha! I'm all about the traits man…the name on the front of the jersey matters very little to me. I'm shocked he didn't get an All-Star invite

4. ckparrothead

Dec 1, 2007
    Ever look at Xavier Milton of Florida Tech, formerly of Laney College (JUCO)?

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2746684/highlights/127391382/v2

This is one that I know scouts have gone out of their way to look at. Visiting Florida Tech evidently is the definition of out of the way because it's not near an airport, have to drive hours away from the nearest airport and basically take one entire day to devote to just one prospect at that school...whereas when you visit a UM or even FIU, FAU, you can devote the day to multiple players. I know of four teams that have done that trip.

Watch out for Milton because he's got draftable grades from a few teams.

By the way I'm sure it won't take you long to figure but he's almost always the left perimeter in that HUDL tape. And if he's not, he's working in the left slot. There are a few plays around the 6-7 minute mark where all the sudden he's working the right side but only just a few plays.

ToddPhin likes this.
  5. ckparrothead

Dec 1, 2007
    There's a play sometime between 5:30 and 6:00 in that HUDL video, a completely broken screen play that gets busted up by pressure but somehow the ball finds him anyway, there's no blocking whatsoever as the play should be dead, and he just finds a way to make everyone on the field look absolutely silly and turns it into a huge gain. Amazing play.

Otherwise you have to notice the pure catch radius on this guy and the way he adjusts to the football in the air, the amount of body control he has. If you want a guy that can catch anything, this is a guy that can catch anything. High, low, behind, diving, one-handed. Can catch the ball as it squeaks by a defensive player that should be interfering with his vision of the football in the air, etc.

There's one video that made it's way to YouTube that actually isn't in that HUDL and it shows what great natural hands the guy has:

[video=youtube;Y19C3FdNouw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y19C3FdNouw[/video]

There are other skills going on though. Uses his body to shield the football. Squares his shoulders and comes BACK to the football. His feet never go dead just waiting for the ball to get there.

Shows potential with his routes in terms of flashing quick jab steps, using hands to get off the press, etc. But obviously there's some coaching to be done on his feet. Natural traits and athleticism, quickness, all there. Has the pure ability to run very good routes.

Just an overall impressive video and an impressive full season of work from him. I believe he was on radar at Laney College as a potential JUCO transfer recruit but (according to an article I just read) he made a pact with his friend Aaron George to go to the same school and George decided on Florida Tech. At first Milton was going to go somewhere else but eventually George won him over.

6. EmDiggy

EmDiggy New Member

Jan 14, 2010
    Thanks for the head's up! I haven't checked him out just yet but will do this evening. I have to make my way to Stetson next year as they have a damn good Safety in Donald Payne that was a FBGP Preseason AA this year as a Jr.

7. ToddPhin

ToddPhin Premium Member Luxury Box Club Member

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    Athletic, outstanding hands, and great frame but I feel like I'm watching a receiver who might not play fast enough when adjusting for level of competition. What do you think?

8. ToddPhin

ToddPhin Premium Member Luxury Box Club Member

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    6th-7th round talent grade for me, so UDFA in general. Nice build-up speed, as well as good physicality after the catch.... but acceleration, lateral ability, and suddenness over the first 7 yards are less than desirable IMO.