1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TCU lineman follows wandering path to NFL Draft

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by jim1, Feb 11, 2015.

1. jim1

jim1 New Member

Jul 1, 2008
    But things took a turn for the worse after the promising 2012 season.

Fabuluje’s mother, Debra, was caught up with legal issues and being prosecuted for felony theft, according to court records. She pleaded guilty and was sentenced to 15 months in jail.

That put added responsibility on Fabuluje, who did the best he could to support his mother during the legal process as well as his sister. His sister didn’t have a job at the time, so she moved in with him and they tried to get by on his college stipend.

“As any college player can tell you, the college stipend is not much to live off yourself, let alone two people,” Fabuluje said.

So he picked up an extra job, which came at the expense of off-season conditioning work.

But, as Fabuluje said, “That was the responsibility I had to take. No matter what circumstances, I couldn’t let my family struggle.”

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/sports...-university/article9712589.html#storylink=cpy