1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OT Jake Fisher Oregon

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by jim1, Jan 28, 2015.

1. jim1

jim1 New Member

Jul 1, 2008
    I wasn't really expecting all that much, but Fisher looks pretty darned good and is an intriguing LT prospect. Strong at the LOS, surprisingly good/quick feet and he looks like he's a very good overall athlete. Power at the LOS- check. Plays hard- check. Quick feet to handle edge rushers-check. Picks up stunts-check. Block on the second level-check. I want to see more film, but my first impression of this guy is that he isn't getting the attention that he deserves. He looks kind of like a Jake Long with better feet. Actually as per the feet he reminded me a bit of Lane Johnson, and watch him go out on a passing route at :15

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPisipQR_gU

MrClean likes this.
  2. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    I gave him a shout out as a player to keep an eye on in the champ game..been looking at him for a while and I think he's a fine left tackle prospect..I look for him to rise up the boards once coaches can study his technique, he needs some strength and more muscle on the frame but a fine one year in an nfl strength program developmental prospect then starter..had an injury plagued year last year, watch the fiesta bowl against K- state 2013...if that aint a pretty left tackle prospect I don't know what is.

3. jim1

jim1 New Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Yeah, I want to see more film. The problem with highlights is, well, they're highlights. He looked good to me at the LOS and has very good feet, but whatever warts there may be are left on the editing floor with highlight tape. What I saw showed me that he has potential, but there's usually a lot more to the story. I want to see some film of him playing mediocre or bad, maybe not so good on the LOS and so physical, stuff like that. But my initial impression is that he's a big physical dude who can really move, and I'm intrigued by his feet and mirroring because at first glance they looked outstanding.