1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows 10 tech preview

Discussion in 'Gaming Forum' started by McLovin, Jan 27, 2015.

1. McLovin

McLovin Resident Pats fan.

May 7, 2008
    North Cacalaka
    anyone running this?

Des?

305 likes this.
  2. 305

305 Brawndo Club Member

Dec 7, 2007
    Get off my lawn.
    .... and if so, on what?

McLovin likes this.
  3. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    And if what, how?

McLovin and FinSane like this.
  4. FinSane

FinSane Cynical Dolphins Fan

Dec 1, 2007
    Melbourne, Fl
    And if when, where?

McLovin likes this.
  5. Desides

Desides Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    I'm pretty sure this isn't a gaming forum topic, at least not as its own thread. There was some discussion about it in the SteamOS thread.

Eh, what the heck, no harm done, might as well have a thread.

I'm running it in a VM. Performance is sort of hit or miss, seems to be more the fault of the VM application than the OS itself. A lot of people are running 10 as their primary OS (I think that's stupid). People are still *****ing about the UI changes, and that's also stupid.

305, McLovin and Stitches like this.
  6. Desides

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    It looks like DirectX 12 is in the latest preview of Windows 10. But it's not accessible for gaming yet, and is just there for developers to start coding for it.

Here's hoping they add DX12 to previously released games like AC4 and ACU.

7. McLovin

McLovin Resident Pats fan.

May 7, 2008
    North Cacalaka
    Just curious as to if anyone was using it. I have it running on my laptop and the performance is buggy. IE performance is awful, but that's nothing new. I don't particularly like how they laid out the star menu. it's just metro interface organized into a list. i do like having it back however. cortana is a bust so far.

8. Desides

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    I have no problems with the start menu. The XP/7 style menu and layout is dead, it's gone, good riddance. Personally, I think the entire start menu needs to be trashed. It's an awful UI concept.

Not surprised you're having performance issues, since it's not exactly a final build. Drivers need to be updated, the OS itself isn't regarded as stable yet, etc.

9. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    So Samsung came out today at CES 2016 that they are partnering with Microsoft to build a suite of apps (to be used in conjuction with Windows 10 obviously) that will allow you to interface with all your samsung appliances. That to me is very cool. While not necessary, just having the option and ability to check on something like that remotely is great. We offer that remote functionality in the products I work on, but our products are inherently meant for industry, so to see more things like the NEST devices coming out in the consumer world is great to see.