1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CB Steven Nelson Oregon State

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by jim1, Jan 26, 2015.

1. jim1

jim1 New Member

Jul 1, 2008
  2. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

I like him very much. He isn't afraid to get physical as a tackler, whether vs the run or pass. His cover skills are also excellent. Able to handle the bigger WRs like Jaelen Strong too. He reminds me of Antoine Winfield.

3. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    he and Gunter were most impressive to me..

he runs 4.4 you will have to spend a third.

4. MrClean

For me, as for at the Senior Bowl, it was Nelson and Kevin White the TCU corner.

5. MrClean

01/25/15 - 2015 Senior Bowl Stock Report: Ten who stood out in Mobile...Steven Nelson, CB, Oregon State: Nelson stood out in coverage all day long, showing quick feet, a fluid turning motion and the closing burst. He officially broke up four passes, consistently undercutting receivers to bat away passes. Nelson has the blend of size and tenacity scouts are looking for in a nickel corner. He does, however, have a tendency to get grabby and drew a penalty in this game for holding. - Rob Rang, NFLDraftScout.com
    01/20/15 - 2015 Senior Bowl: 10 defensive prospects to watch: CB Steven Nelson, Oregon State...Maybe the most competitive cornerback on the Senior Bowl roster, Nelson has average size/speed numbers, but he puts himself in position to make plays on the ball. He has some deficiencies with his overaggressiveness in coverage and as a tackler, but Nelson is a bigger version of Nickel Robey who routinely jumped off the film. - Dane Brugler, NFLDraftScout.com

01/25/15 - 2015 Senior Bowl: 10 prospects who helped themselves: CB Kevin White, TCU (5-9, 180)...During practice drills, White displayed the athleticism needed for the position with natural movement skills, swivel hips and explosive footwork to redirect his momentum in any direction. Measuring 5-9 and 180 pounds with arms under the 30-inch benchmark, White doesn't necessarily look the part, but he is a top-notch competitor who doesn't back down physically, attacking the catch point with a "my ball" attitude. - Dane Brugler, NFLDraftScout.com
    01/22/15 - 2015 Senior Bowl, Wednesday: TCU cornerback Kevin White has been routinely known as the “other” Kevin White this season, possessing the same name as the West Virginia standout receiver who is a projected top-15 draft pick. But the former Horned Frog is making a name for himself in Mobile and making sure everyone takes notice. White has played sticky coverage in practice with excellent coordination and footwork to flip his hips and redirect his momentum on the move. He did get beat vertically at times, but he showed the recovery speed to gain ground, find the football and break up the play. - Dane Brugler, NFLDraftScout.com

6. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    thats fine, I saw some things in Gunter that I haven't seen any of the pundits talk about so ill just keep him under the radar..