1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OG Shaquille Mason Georgia Tech

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by jim1, Jan 22, 2015.

1. jim1

jim1 New Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Stout at LOS, good movement skills. On top of being a load and being able to move his man off the ball, he looks like he has really quick, OT type feet, good in pass pro from what I've seen. Very interesting Guard prospect imo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-SoK5-s3Ao

2. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    my shock was watching him in pass pro drills coming out of that Gtech wishbone, he looked good, stays real low showing great leverage, very stout like you said, just a bull, but showed some talent to pass protect as well.

jim1 likes this.
  3. PerfectTeam

PerfectTeam Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Port St. Lucie, FL
    Yea I've been interested in this guy for awhile. Was wondering how he would hold up during practices. I'm glad to hear he is handling himself. Some experts, I think Dane Brugler, suggested his best position could end up being center. I wouldn't mind taking a shot at him to back up C/G

jim1 likes this.
  4. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    He's a prototypical reason these All Star practices can be important. You know all you want about Mason from a run blocking standpoint, but you know next to nothing about him from a pass protection standpoint.

In the All Star practices you can see him going man up in pass pro drills against pro caliber players and that's important.

5. 77FinFan

77FinFan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Mar 10, 2013
    Buckeye Land
    Saw some nice 2nd level blocking. He sure looks like a guard at 6'1" 311.

What round do ya'll think?