1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CB Quentin Rollins Miami University (OH)

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by jim1, Jan 22, 2015.

1. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    What about the gunter kid Jim, he's looked good at the senior bowl this week.

jim1 likes this.
  2. jim1

jim1 New Member

Jul 1, 2008
  3. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    I think you should make a Gunter thread Jim, the kid is playing well matched up against good players at the senior bowl, he freakin runs like a gazelle, and he jumps routes..

Maybe we should make a thread about this is the year to draft our needs from the U.

4. Phoenician Fan

Phoenician Fan Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2013
    I would love Quinton Rollins late in the 2nd round after trading down and adding a couple picks, but in the first? Nah, no thanks. He has become the object of over hype.

This may be like when Levi Brown went from being ranked a late 2nd rounder after the season to rising to the top of the draft fueled by nothing but hype.

The poor AZ Cardinals used the #3 pick in the draft on this LT and guess who went with the 4th pick? Adrian Peterson to the Vikings.

I like experienced college players in the top two rounds. I predict Alex Carter will be the best pro from this year's class; and he is flying way under the radar. Right now he is late 2nd or early 3rd, which IMO is absurd.

5. jim1

jim1 New Member

Jul 1, 2008

I haven't seen anyone calling for Quentin Rollins in the first round.

6. 77FinFan

77FinFan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Mar 10, 2013
    Buckeye Land
    I like his size.

7. Phoenician Fan

Phoenician Fan Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2013
    Then you didn't look. However, things have changed since the senior bowl; his rawness showed, he should be out of the first round conversation unless he blows up the combine but he isn't expected to run that well.

8. jim1

jim1 New Member

Jul 1, 2008

I did look, quite a bit actually, and I don't recall ever seeing Quentin Rollins projected in the first round of a mock draft. Where did you see Rollins projected to go in the first round of a mock? I'd like to check it out. Btw this story below makes more sense to me as per Quentin Rollins:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...hy-they-must-draft-cornerback-quinten-rollins

9. Limbo

Limbo Mad Stillz

Mar 21, 2013
    Dane Brugler has him at 27th to Dallas: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/mock-draft/expert/dane-brugler

I think the hype is a little overboard because of his unique path to the draft, but you can see the appeal. Tremendous athlete who seems to have taken to the sport really well: awesome ball skills, not afraid to hit and tackle physically.

jim1 likes this.
  10. jim1

jim1 New Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Interesting, first I've seen of Rollins projected that high. He looks like he has a ton of talent, just a bit raw for the first round, relatively new to the game. But you never know, the talent/speed/size are there.