1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sports Buzz: Mel Kiper, Dolphins notes

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by jim1, Jan 22, 2015.

1. jim1

jim1 New Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Among UM's top draft prospects, Kiper said Ereck Flowers “has versatility [to play] left tackle or right tackle. I have him going in the first round. Maybe 19 to Cleveland… Duke Johnson is a heck of a player. He’s a second round talent who you may be able to get in the fourth round.”…. Kiper said Denzel Perryman is a second-round pick and Phillip Dorsett a second or third-rounder….

There are three receivers projected to go in the 7 to 17 range. The one who will be most often linked to Miami as a possibility at No. 14 is West Virginia’s 6-3 Kevin White.

“He’s got the size,” Kiper said. “He’s going to high point the ball and go get it. He had a few drops. He had a great year. A little more consistency is needed. He’s the third best receiver in this draft, behind Alabama’s Amari Cooper and Louisville’s Devante Parker. I have him going 15th to San Francisco. Receiver is a very strong, very deep position.”

Arizona State’s Jaelen Strong could be the fourth-best receiver in this draft “depending on how he runs,” Kiper said. But No. 14 might be too high for him. Among receivers in the next two tiers: Auburn’s Sammy Coates, Oklahoma’s Dorial Green-Beckham and Dorsett, among others.

We mentioned in this space on Sunday that the Dolphins conveyed to Billy Turner that they see him as a 2015 starter if he can seize the job. Today, Turner was one of a couple young players that Hickey brought up without prompting.

“We feel like Billy Turner really made a lot of strides at the end of the year,” Hickey said. “He had a setback with an injury late in training camp, late in preseason, that kind of set him back. But all of the things we liked about him, he’s definitely shown and you really saw a progression every day in practice. Just bringing a physical mentality, a toughness, punch, athleticism and we’re excited about what he’s going to bring to the table in 2015. We’re really pleased with his development and what it’s going to bring to the table.”

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/spor...-for-wallace-um-recruiting.html#storylink=cpy

2. FinSane

FinSane Cynical Dolphins Fan

Dec 1, 2007
    Melbourne, Fl
    Hopefully Turner can stay healthy through camp, he needs to to gel with the rest of the line and learn his assignments. Really pulling for this kid.

3. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University
    Would be perfectly ok with White, Green-Beckham would flunk the Joe Philbin personality test by a mile so unfortunately I doubt he is even on the board.

Wonder if Coates makes it to our 2nd round pick, I'd be on board for that

4. dolphin25

dolphin25 Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2014
    What I dislike is that a lot of these young guys didn't get any playtime... it would have been nice to get them some reps once it was known we were out of playoffs.

5. Aquafin

Aquafin New Member

Jun 16, 2011
    the poor house
    Kevin White is like a cross between OJ McDuffie x Chris Chambers but he does need to catch the ball better seeing as how we already have 5 wrs that cant catch the flu on a park bench. I have a sinking feeling that we will take a center or a right tackle or guard n round one because Miami's drafts are usually boring . (sigh)

I am hoping we take a wr , cb, linebacker and a de with our first two picks.

6. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    I would love to take 4 players with our first 2 picks.

:tongue2:

cuchulainn likes this.