1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Draft Geek mock draft 1/15/15

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by jim1, Jan 17, 2015.

1. jim1

jim1 New Member

Jul 1, 2008
    14) Miami Dolphins - Melvin Gordon III (RB Wisconsin) Melvin Gordon 2015 NFL

Mocking Melvin Gordon here is not an indictment on newly minted 1,000 yard rusher Lamar Miller. Rather, value and need in this particular mock draft scenario points to MG3 being the best pick for the team. I'm sure another point of contention will be taking a running back this high, but the notion that running backs are a dying breed in the NFL is a misnomer. Look at many of the best teams in the NFL; Dallas, Seattle, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, they all have feature backs, with no semblance of a committee. Melvin Gordon is a Demarco Murray, Lesean McCoy esque gamechanger who would give the Dolphin offense a 'fear factor.' Their other primary need of defensive tackle presents poor value with the 14th pick.

- See more at: http://www.nfldraftgeek.com/2015nflmockdraft.html#sthash.kBTHQO3S.dpuf

2. adamprez2003

adamprez2003 Senior Member

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    the two deepest positions this year are Guard and Pass Rusher. Dolphins have to use the majority of their draft on those two positions. RB or WR might be acceptable with a first but we would have to spend the next four picks on pass rushers and guards. Otherwise we waste what the draft is giving us

3. 77FinFan

77FinFan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Mar 10, 2013
    Buckeye Land
    I would not hate it. We have greater needs, but if he is obviously the BPA by a wide margin you almost have to go w/ him. Or maybe another team wants him or someone else at 14 and we trade back.

I think we need run stoppers at DL or LB more than pass rushers. Definitely at DL.