1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Draft Tek 7 round mock 1/14/15

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by jim1, Jan 14, 2015.

1. jim1

jim1 New Member

Jul 1, 2008
  2. 77FinFan

77FinFan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Mar 10, 2013
    Buckeye Land
    Don't like it. Gotta be a DT, CB or both in the top three unless some amazing talent falls in our lap.

3. Phoenician Fan

Phoenician Fan Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2013
    Mind blowing! Just goes to show you how clueless the so-called draftniks really are.

Doesn't anyone out there realize the Dolphins have no starting strong safety and Finnegan must be replaced so we need a starting caliber CB as well.

And the Dolphins are over the cap!

And both starting guards positions need to be upgraded with actual players who are solid starters. We already have two 3rd round draft picks trying to earn starting positions are we really going to draft another OG in the 3rd round??

This offseason for the Dolphins is going to be waaaaaayyyyy more complicated and difficult than most are realizing.

I have looked at hundreds of scenarios to try to improve this team with Philbin and Coyle running the old status quo, there is no hope, none whatsoever.

The only chance the Dolphins have to improve would be to completley blow the thing up; fire Coyle and put the whole roster on the trade block and start over from scratch.

4. Ned Gotham

Ned Gotham Banned

Jan 15, 2015
    I believe a punter is top priority. In round one get that franchise punter. Then in the second they should grab that illusive long snapper followed with a holder for field goals to round out the first 3 rounds. Then they should finish of the draft by getting all special teamers like long snappers, place kick holders, onside kickers and shotgun centers. Then with free agency they can lure away top notch special teamers away from teams by throwing loads of money and huge signing bonuses. Miami can set the market value for special teamers for years to come. By having the highest paid shotgun center, the Dophins will be set. The Dolphins need that super place kick holder that they have been missing for so long and once they have him in place, more players will follow when they see that cash waved in their face. They should also set their sites on third down nose tackles which the draft is loaded with along with a good second down over the center center. Filling these needs will not only clear a path for the Super Bowl, it would make them a great destination for fourth down signal callers and first down dime package cornerbacks. Lets keep our fingers crossed.

PhinsRDbest likes this.
  5. Vertical Limit

Vertical Limit Senior Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Kiper has us drafting Shaq Thompson with our first round pick.

6. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    Agreed. We gotta start making our 4th down opportunities count.

7. jim1

jim1 New Member

Jul 1, 2008
    The 1st rd pick is a stud WR with size, the 2nd pick is maybe the best TE in the draft who is a true weapon, the 3rd pick a solid OG prospect and the 4th pick is a pretty good DT- not all that bad imo. Personally, I like Arthur Lynch at TE so I'd look elsewhere as per Williams, but don't underestimate him, dude is a player and a difference maker, a seam buster (which Lynch btw is not). As for holes in the roster we also have FA- I'm not going to fault this mock draft for going after weapons and difference makers.

Itsdahumidity likes this.
  8. Phoenician Fan

Phoenician Fan Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2013
    The Saints will draft Thompson if he is there, otherwise he may slide.

If Thompson were coming into the NFL as a safety, then yes, but he is coming in as a LB and the Dolphins already have under contract Ellerbe,Wheeler,Jenkins, Misi, Tripp, and even Jake knott should not be ignored.........WTH?? Why would the Dolphins use their precious 1st on a tweener LB??

I love Shaq Thompson, but not early in the 1st; maybe later after trading down to the back of round 1, and only if the team cuts or trades Ellerbe and Wheeler, and even then he would have to play all three positions (SS,LB,RB)and play them well to be worth it. It is a ridiculous amount of stuff to ask from a rookie.

9. PhinsRDbest

PhinsRDbest Transform and Transcend

Jan 5, 2010
    the next dimension
    Like the first two picks, not sure The Maxx will make it too our 2nd pick. It all depends on free agency of coarse if a cornerback is not signed, with Tannebaum's comments on a cornerback Trae Wayans is the #1 target at 14.

10. MiamiDolphin618

MiamiDolphin618 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Mar 17, 2014
    Ellerbe and Wheeler are most likely both gone..for sure one of them. And counting on Tripp or Jake Knott to be a starting caliber LB is not a great idea.

I have no idea why Shaq would have to play 3 positions to be worth a 1st round pick? Im not saying Shaq should be the pick..there are plenty of players I would take over him..that said he is certainly worthy of a 1st round pick IMO. You can call him a tweener all you want but thats exactly what Linebackers are becoming. You want a LB who plays the run like the LB and plays the pass like a DB. His size is certainly a question…but Luke Kuechly's don't exactly grow on trees.

Personally at LB I like Kendricks and Dawson in the 2nd.

11. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    I love the White pick, but I wouldn't be surprised if by the time the draft rolls around if he's not become the 1st or second WR off the board and may not make it to our pick. As for the others, other than the TE in the 2nd, I don't mind the positions they were focused on, I actually like them.

12. Silverphin

Silverphin Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2007
    This could be a good draft depending on what Free Agency is looking like.