1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rex Ryan: Bills will 'build a bully'

Discussion in 'AFC East Rivals' started by yoge, Jan 14, 2015.

1. yoge

yoge New Member

Dec 29, 2013
  2. Unlucky 13

Unlucky 13 Team Raheem Club Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    The only good thing I can think of is that there should be far fewer teams changing head coaches a year from now, giving us a better shot at a good one.

3. CitizenSnips

CitizenSnips hmm.

Nov 29, 2007
    PA
    It's hard to fear rex given that he spewed the same bull**** for a different team the last 5 years.

Get a qb rex, then find a way to keep all those expensive defensive players. You couldn't do it for the jets...

4. emocomputerjock

emocomputerjock Senior Member

Nov 23, 2007
    DC
    The only way I can sleep at night is thinking that we'll somehow luck into Malzahn.

5. Phins_Fan_87

Phins_Fan_87 Phins and Heat fan Club Member

Mar 9, 2013
    Weston
    If there is one thing I know, miami will be soft.

6. jw3102

jw3102 season ticket holder

Sep 4, 2010
    Maui, Hawaii
    He led the Jets to two consecutive AFC championship games with Mark Sanchez as his starting QB.

The Bills defense right now is better than the Jets defense was during the two years the Jets made the playoffs under Ryan.

The Bills also finished ahead of the Dolphins this past season in the division.

I agree the Bills need to find a decent QB, but if they do, they are already a more talented team than the Dolphins and IMO, they are going to be the Patriots main competition in the AFC East next year and probably for the next several years.

7. TotoreMexico

TotoreMexico Your retarded

Jan 4, 2008
    Mexico
    ZOMG! WEeee aREe DooomeeeDdDDd!!!

Those SB guarantees ended up pretty well.

8. jw3102

jw3102 season ticket holder

Sep 4, 2010
    Maui, Hawaii
    I really don't get the love for Malzahn on this forum. He is a decent College HC, but there are probably 10 or more college head coaches who are just as good if not better than Malzahn.

College football is to a large degree is getting the best recruits. When Philbin is surely replaced after next season, I would hope that the Ross and Tannebaum hire a HC who has experience in the NFL.

My hope is that the Saints will have another down season next year and the owner of the Saints decides to replace Sean Payton.
    I think Payton would be the perfect HC to come in and get the most out of Tannehill.

Unlucky 13 likes this.
  9. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    He's signing Richie Incognito?

Pagan, BuffaloDolphin, SICK and 7 others like this.
  10. DcDolfan420

DcDolfan420 Banned

Jan 5, 2015
    I fell like I've heard this kind of thing from this dude before lol. They have a nice team, but sorry with E.J at QB, that ain't no "Bully"

11. FinSane

FinSane Cynical Dolphins Fan

Dec 1, 2007
    Melbourne, Fl
    Me either. Constantly calling misdirection running plays won't work against NFL defenses.

12. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    Lol, I'm more scared of what Bowles is gonna do with the Jets than I am with Buffalo

13. Unlucky 13

Unlucky 13 Team Raheem Club Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    I agree on both points. Getting Sean Peyton would be a best case scenerio, but someone who has won as an NFL head coach is an absolute must.

14. cuchulainn

cuchulainn Táin Bó Cúailnge Club Member

Sep 7, 2012
    Hattiesburg, MS
    Apparently Rex will be very "hands on" with helping Leodis "Lamar Miller is my Daddy" McKelvin recover from his foot and ankle problem. :shifty:

Ohio Fanatic, DPlus47 and Ophinerated like this.
  15. shamegame13

shamegame13 Madison & Surtain

Dec 15, 2014
    I like Rex, but isn't this the same guy that promised NYJ like 3 Super Bowls? If there is one thing I learned about Rex, do not take his brashness too serious. He talks a big game.

16. Silverphin

Silverphin Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2007
    I'm as concerned about this news as I'm concerned about catching malaria.

Fin D and Piston Honda like this.
  17. dWreck

dWreck formerly dcaf

Oct 23, 2011
    Sebring, FL
    Not sure how any phins fan could "not" be afraid of RR to the Bills. Out of all the teams in the NFL he could have gone to that was probably the WORST case scenario for us. People are acting like the Bills Defense isn't disgustingly good and armed to the teeth with talent.... how easily we forget the hurting they put on us, let alone now with a coach who is able to get the 4-12 and 8-8 JETS to play hard enough to spank us at the end of each year (whenever it mattered most). We finally had enough deception and spread from Lazor to squeak ONE out against the bills this year, but no matter who is QBing that team, they seem to have our number. I refuse to act like this means nothing.... as if some how this will make the bills worse than they are or something? Makes zero sense. They are the 4th place (OVERALL) defense in the entire NFL, and LEAD the league in sacks (54!) and now they just signed a Hyper-aggressive-defensive-minded coach that has a history of giving us fits every single year no matter who the jets FO trotted out on the field for him..... and people are shrugging it off???? Idk, man. Unless we have a seriously amazing offseason we are looking to get sweeped next year. Lord help us if they do happen to get super solid QB play.

Also: It's kind of funny how before he decided where he was going, a lot of people here (myself included) were touting what a solid defensive mind he is, with the potential to get ALOT out of a roster and its players. We've seen it first hand, and we all know he could get A-HELLUVA-LOT more out of our defense than anyone on our current staff could..... But now all of a sudden that he is going to Fluffalo it's just suddenly not the case? :unsure:

Ohio Fanatic and djphinfan like this.
  18. Piston Honda

Piston Honda Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2014
    Is Jim Kelly coming back to play QB? No? Then they're still the Bills. They're D was talented and well coached before Rex got there, they'll continue to be a tough matchup but miss me with the sky is falling stuff.

19. bigbry

bigbry Huge Member

Dec 18, 2008
    Colorado
    And they call me a Bills fan

dWreck likes this.
  20. dWreck

dWreck formerly dcaf

Oct 23, 2011
    Sebring, FL
    The sky is not falling, however the 4th best defense in the NFL just definitely got an upgrade at coach and defense alike, and they are in our division. If shooting ourselves in the foot and choking isn't our "Achilles heel" then playing against good defenses that know how expose us certainly has been.

Also.... Jim Kelly? Really? Where have you been the last 2 seasons??? Are we going to act like they honestly NEED Stellar QB play to beat us? Thad Lewis?????? TWO TIMES???????????

21. dWreck

dWreck formerly dcaf

Oct 23, 2011
    Sebring, FL
    Haha. Couldn't care less about the Bills overall... can't stand my co-workers who are fans of them either. I'm not even a huge Rex fan, However I'm not gunna act like they aren't going to be scary good now if alot of those pieces stay in place. This move hurts us.

bigbry likes this.
  22. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    It's a good fit for them, he wanted to be in their town and I'm sure they will take that seriously and give back with more support, they have a good home field advantage so this should inspire their fans to take it to another level when their on defense, if their smart.

23. dWreck

dWreck formerly dcaf

Oct 23, 2011
    Sebring, FL
    I guess i'm not worried about the "bills" as much as I am worried about "our" inability to handle them. Rex adds another element to a team that already embarrasses us, almost regularly now.

24. finfansince72

finfansince72 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 18, 2007
    Columbia, South Carolina
    Get a Qb, Rex. I don't see how they get one in the offseason. We do need to draft and sign olinemen.......

25. Alex13

Alex13 Tua Time !!! Club Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Berlin,Germany
    what are you talking about, they did beat us with thad lewis...twice !!! and manuel.....they don't need good QB play to beat us

FinSane and dWreck like this.
  26. jpep13

jpep13 Coach Of The Year Club Member

Dec 2, 2007
    The Ryan family are big talkers, Surprised he didn't say his name of the Defense is called: Blount Force Trauma

27. Vertical Limit

Vertical Limit Senior Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Still the same Bills, the same Bills that has bullied us the past two seasons?

28. BicketyBam

BicketyBam No Fist Pumps Allowed

Sep 6, 2010
    New Milford, CT
    In the 6 years Ryan coached the Jets, he had Mark Sanchez and Geno Smith as his starting QB's. He went to the AFC championship twice and Miami managed to finish with a better record than the Jets twice while missing the playoffs ever single year. Yuck it up, fellas. Ryan may not be Vince Lombardi, but Philbin is hot garbage. Thank God your owner is worse than ours.

29. Ohio Fanatic

Ohio Fanatic Twuaddle or bust Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Concord, MA
    the 31st best owner be better than the 32nd best owner isn't an accomplishment.

30. Ohio Fanatic

Ohio Fanatic Twuaddle or bust Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Concord, MA
    is this sarcasm? because that sure worked against us really well this season. Rex Ryan's Jets dominated us with it the first game and still had some success against us the 2nd time - when we knew they were going to try it a couple of times.

31. FinSane

Dec 1, 2007
    Melbourne, Fl
    We have a moron of a DC.

32. DcDolfan420

DcDolfan420 Banned

Jan 5, 2015
    If we were to draft Danny Shelton or even Bernardrick McKinney, our front 7 could be quite formidable, especially if we resign Odrick. And with Reshad Jones, Brent Grimes, and the rest of our secondary getting healthy, I'd give us the advantage secondary wise. I think Jerry Hughes is a free agent, so that will be interesting to keep an eye on, also Kiko is coming back for them and that will definitely boost their defense, as would Ellerbe ours (if we don't cut him). Overall though, especially with Rex i'd give them the advantage on d. I'm just pointing out though that with the draft, a WORST case scenario for us in terms of value would be gettinga a guy like McKinney. That would make our staring linebacker core include a thumper in Mckinney, a solid backer in Misi, and Jelani to cover on third downs. Then you've still got Wake and Vernon off the edge, with Jordan on the bench, and I don't even want to go into the DT situation but I can't imagine it getting much worse. My point is our D ain't chop liver, and with Bill Lazor and Ryan Tannehill, i'd say offensive advantage us. Overall, very close teams, were BOTH good imo. But fear them and their fat a** grandiose non promise keeping coach. F*** that. They just downgraded at QB. Oh and best case for us in the draft for our D would be Landon Collins or maybe Trae Waynes. How would our secondary look then? Who ya'll gonna take round 1, oooohhhh that's right u don't have a pick lol.

33. BicketyBam

BicketyBam No Fist Pumps Allowed

Sep 6, 2010
    New Milford, CT

Lol. This is true! Woody really does suck. Billionaires and their toys.

34. Rex is gonna Rex!

35. FinSane

Dec 1, 2007
    Melbourne, Fl
    How many teams have won with a great D and average QB? We should be worried. That goes for both Jets and Bills.

36. DcDolfan420

DcDolfan420 Banned

Jan 5, 2015
    I hope so. With Buffalo's secondary they weren't a great defense in 2014. 4th overall is impressive, and they were damned good, but great defenses don't miss out on the playoffs with Orton's steady play and allow 26 points and a Loss to Oakland in week 16. Projecting they will be great with Rex next year is one thing, but it's also the same thing as projecting E.J Manuel and Geno Smith don't belong as starting QB's in this league. The Lions D was probably better than Beefalo's last year, and most people aren't calling them "great". Last years Seattle, the 01 Ravens, 85 Bears, these are the truly great defenses. The Jills and Jests are just as far away from being super bowl contenders as us, if not more so.

37. McLovin

McLovin Resident Pats fan.

May 7, 2008
    North Cacalaka
    and here i am just watching the playoffs and stuff.

Clark Kent and gilv13 like this.
  38. FinSane

Dec 1, 2007
    Melbourne, Fl
    It helps when your owner knows the right people to pay off. :shifty:

McLovin likes this.
  39. McLovin

McLovin Resident Pats fan.

May 7, 2008
    North Cacalaka
    Don't hate the player my friend.

40. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    He didn't. He hated the owner. Pay attention.

McLovin and FinSane like this.