1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Carl Leone Dolphins 7 round mock draft

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by jim1, Jan 11, 2015.

1. jim1

jim1 New Member

Jul 1, 2008
    I could live with this, especially the first 3 rounds with a DT, WR and big power Guard. That would be a nice 7th rd RB pick up if he's still on the board.

First Round: Danny Shelton DT from Washington (Projected in 1-2)
    This 6'2", 339 lbs beast may be just what the doctor ordered to shore up our run defense. At Washington, he had 88 tackles with 16.5 for a loss. Shelton also was one of the leaders for DTs with 9 sacks in 2014. This kid can be productive as a DT in a 4-3 and as a NT in a 3-4. He should immediately impact our defense and bring back some fond memories of Tim Bowens.

Second Round: Jaelen Strong WR from Arizona State (Projected in 1-2)
    At 6'3", 212 lbs, Strong is a big physical receiver who is excellent in the Red Zone. He is quick but not fast with a 40 time of 4.52. Even though he doesn't possess elite speed, this Junior does get separation. In 2014, Strong caught 82 passes for 1,165 yards and 10 TDs. He had big games against UCLA (12-146) and USC (10-202) with 3 TDs including a game winning 46 yard Hail Mary with no time left.

Third Round: Josue Matias OG from Florida State (Projected in 2-3)
    At 6'6", 325 lbs, this massive specimen will open up holes for Miller and Co. and he also has some athleticism to keep Tannehill on his feet. Will Matias beat out Colledge to play left guard? That is left to be seen but he can certainly add depth while he hones his skills.

http://dolphinblog.*****indave.com/2015/01/7-round-mock-draft-for-dolphins-2015_11.html

ssmiami and 77FinFan like this.
  2. Clark Kent

Clark Kent Fighter of the Nightman

May 9, 2008
    So, basically we're getting two first round picks in Shelton and Strong? Sign me up...

ILDolPhan and BuckeyeKing like this.
  3. Unlucky 13

Unlucky 13 Team Raheem Club Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    I would be really surprised if Strong is still on the board when we pick in the second. The NT in the first is a good move if we're moving to a 3-4.

4. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    If we draft this guy, I'm calling him Don Carl Leone.

For the record.

speed, Clark Kent and Boik14 like this.
  5. VanDolPhan

VanDolPhan Club member Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Hamilton, Ontario Canada
    He's be replacing Earl Mitchell. Mitchell would then move to the otherside and replace either Starks or Odrick. Would free him up to be more of a pass rusher to which I think he can be a 4-5 sack guy.

6. Canad-phin

Canad-phin Active Member

Oct 17, 2012
    We still need a NT in a 4-3, hence our run D getting destroyed with some stupid schematic crap we do. If we pulled this draft I would be very happy. Shelton would be a great player to add.

7. Phoenician Fan

Phoenician Fan Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2013
    I'm an ASU fan. I live in Phoenix. I watch all of their games at least once. Strong is overrated, Strong is not the answer for this offense. If this offense stays the same Tannehill already has the WR's he needs.

This offense demands quick receivers who can get open on short and intermediate routes and Wallace's great nine's are a luxury.

If it's a red zone target we are after, Taylor Jordan late would have more value than Strong in the 2nd.

8. Limbo

Limbo Mad Stillz

Mar 21, 2013
    I'm down with Shelton at 14. Rare combination of size and movement ability.

Though if all the Washington kids are on the board at 14, give me Marcus Peters. That kid's got major, major talent and that kind of alpha edge/attitude that this defense badly needs. I'd be thrilled with him in the first.

I do think Strong will be a day 2 pick. Even with his size, I don't see the dominance on the perimeter to warrant a #1 pick. When he's on the outside I don't see consistent separation. Lots of slot production, but even then his route running to me is too lazy, not sharp enough.

9. 77FinFan

77FinFan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Mar 10, 2013
    Buckeye Land
    14?

Limbo likes this.