1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ohio State Fans

Discussion in 'College Sports' started by Laces Out, Jan 11, 2015.

1. Laces Out

Laces Out Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2011
    Omaha, Ne
    What do you think of the news of a Tim Beck hire as the QB coach?

As a Husker fan, I can tell you that none of our QBs really developed from year to year. They actually seemed to regress. The one outlier in the crowd was Taylor Martinez and that was because he went to see a QB coach(Brian Calhoun IIRC) on his dime in the offseason. They never seemed to be able to read the whole field and had predetermined reads called for them on the zone read.

2. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University
    My guess is he has some history or shares a lot of the same views as Meyer, I think we all know he is the reason Ohio State is in the Championship game. Not sure Urban would let a guy like that mess things up.

3. Laces Out

Laces Out Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2011
    Omaha, Ne
    I would say it is likely the latter. There must be some similarity in the view of how to run an offense. The best way I can explain Beck is he is an Air Raid Lite guy. He was the passing game coordinator while at KU when they made the Orange Bowl with Todd Reesing at QB.

It should be interesting to see if the QBs develop or regress over the year for tOSU. I may be biased, but I know for a fact that Pelini dictated damn near everything to Beck on what he wanted for the offense.

4. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University
    Yea that's the thing, it's hard to really know at that level. I know Luke Fickle has pretty much been stripped of total control of the defense after the Michigan game. Since then Ohio State's defense has been playing great football. Urban Meyer wins that game Tommorow and the word "Legend" will be thrown around this city forever.