1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What would a conversation between Belicheck and Philbin look like

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by 2socks, Jan 10, 2015.

1. 2socks

2socks Rebuilding Since 1973

Nov 27, 2008
    Atlanta
    Bill Belicheck and company made it to their 6th AFC Championship and Belicheck has tied Tom Landry for most playoff wins with 20-9.

What do you suppose a conversation between Belicheck and Philbin would look like??

I thought this could be a opportunity to have a little fun since we seem to be slowly loading ourselves with Jets people

New York Jets

Belichick had two different stints as Head Coach of the Jets without ever coaching a game.

In February 1997, Belichick, who had been an assistant coach under Bill Parcells with the New York Giants and New England Patriots, was named the Jets interim Head Coach while the Jets and Patriots continued to negotiate compensation to release Parcells from his contract with Patriots and allow Parcells to coach the Jets. Six days later, the Patriots and Jets reached an agreement that allowed Parcells to coach the Jets and Belichick became the team's assistant head coach and defensive coordinator. When Parcells stepped down as head coach in 1999, he had already arranged with team management to have Belichick succeed him. However, Belichick would be the New York Jets' head coach for only one day. When Belichick was introduced as head coach to the media—the day after his hiring was publicized—he turned it into a surprise-resignation announcement. Before taking the podium, he scrawled a resignation note on a sheet of loose leaf paper that read, in its entirety, "I resign as HC of the NYJ." He then delivered a half-hour speech explaining his resignation to the assembled press corps

2. BayAreaFinFan

BayAreaFinFan D'oh Club Member

Jul 20, 2010
    San Francisco
    Philbin: So, you resigned with the jets huh?
    Bellicheat: I'm just preparing for the Broncos or Colts next week.
    Philbin: I've never thought of that, because I've tried everything I can think of to get fired. Even took some of my players on a wagon journey cross country where we all perished. But that damn Ross just won't do it.
    Bellicheat: they're both very good teams with good QB play, should be a tough game.
    Philbin: see you're the stupid one, when your season is over after the regular season you have more time to figure out that damn Oregon trail game. One day ill get there dammit.

2socks likes this.