1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Paul Dawson OLB TCU

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by jim1, Jan 9, 2015.

1. MiamiDolphin618

MiamiDolphin618 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Mar 17, 2014
    I like him quite a bit. I think he could play inside or outside…as far as Mikes go Id say Kendricks Dawson and Perryman are all solid 2nd round players with Kendricks and Dawson being more versatile.

2. ihasseb

ihasseb New Member

Jan 13, 2015
    The "good" news is that we have so many positions of need, that it will be hard for the team to go wrong early in the draft :shifty: play free cards

3. Limbo

Limbo Mad Stillz

Mar 21, 2013
    Love this kid. He takes over games from the OLB position. Quick trigger with the movement ability to make good on his instincts. So fun to watch.

Question is whether you take a guy in the second round who's going to make your developing 24y/o WLB a bench player. You'd have to watch some some old game replays and key in on Jelani to see if he's a guy who we just cannot bench. Same goes for the question of Shaq Thompson, who some want in the first. Personally I like Dawson in R2 much better than Shaq in R1.

jim1 likes this.
  4. MiamiDolphin618

MiamiDolphin618 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Mar 17, 2014
    Agree that I think Dawson would probably fit better as a WLB in the 4-3…but I also think he could play the Mike. He sheds blocks and disengages very well for his size…and his instincts are off the charts. I think he would be a terrific fit honestly…can man the Mike in a base defense but gives you a great pair with Jenkins when we go with 2 linebacker coverage sets.

5. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    I have not gotten around to watching him yet but you're looking in the right direction. Gary Patterson's base defense is basically an NFL nickel package, which is itself becoming more used in the NFL today than actual base packages. The question used to be are you a 3-4 team or a 4-3 team. Now it's more like are you a 3-3 team or a 4-2 team.

If Paul Dawson can stand out in that defense then he's a strong candidate for the NFL, like Daryl Washington before him.

MiamiDolphin618 likes this.
  6. PhinsRDbest

PhinsRDbest Transform and Transcend

Jan 5, 2010
    the next dimension
    I want him for Mlb

7. RickyBobby

RickyBobby VIP DIY

Sep 22, 2009
    Palm beach
    He's better than that Shaw Thompson guy.

Miso/Dawson/Jenkins starting with Jordan, Tripp, McCain, Trusnik as backups