1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Draft Tek updated 5 round mock 1/7/15

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by jim1, Jan 8, 2015.

1. jim1

jim1 New Member

Jul 1, 2008
    byroan likes this.
  2. byroan

byroan Giggity Staff Member Administrator Luxury Box

Nov 25, 2007
    NC
    I haven't watched much of Waynes but I'd be pretty happy with that draft. I'm a fan of Maxx Williams and Justin Hardy.

3. jim1

jim1 New Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Yeah, Waynes is very good. I like Maxx Williams quite a bit, but then again i'm a believer in Arthur Lynch. That being said, Williams is dynamic and has great hands, a true weapon. We have to fix the DT position and, as always, the OL. Getting Orlando Franklin in FA would be a big step in the right direction. It's amazing that after all these years trying to fix the OL, we have no Guards of any merit. I can think of two Guards drafted in the last 25 years that have had a significant contribution: Rex Hadnot in 2004 and Keith Sims in 1990. Next stop- Harry Galbreath in 1988, 27 years ago. That is just amazing. Or ridiculous, take your pick.

byroan likes this.
  4. 77FinFan

77FinFan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Mar 10, 2013
    Buckeye Land
    I wish Waynes was a little bigger.

5. Limbo

Limbo Mad Stillz

Mar 21, 2013
    Jeremy Cash is a player. A...college player. He's staying in school. I'm a pretty big fan of his though, when he eventually comes around in 2016.

The combine will be big for Maxx Williams, imo. Currently yeah he's probably a day 2 pick, second rounder, but he could rise if he shows some explosiveness in the measurables. That sort of signature play from the bowl game certainly helps.

I'm not into Trae Waynes in the top 20, personally - though I do want to watch a little more given the need at CB. I consider Peters to be a full notch or two above him if we're taking a corner there. He's long but not as rangy or instinctive in zone as someone like Kyle Fuller from last year. Waynes plays more physically, presses, but leaves a little to be desired from a strength standpoint, and tackling too. Not sure he's the best scheme fit for us anyway.

6. cuchulainn

cuchulainn Táin Bó Cúailnge Club Member

Sep 7, 2012
    Hattiesburg, MS

That 4th round pick on the link shows us with RB, Jay Ajayi, Boise St, not Justin Hardy. Ajayi makes more sense as well.

They have our 6th round pick being WR, Shaq Roland, who seems similar to last year's 6th round pick, WR, Matt Hazel...

7. jim1

jim1 New Member

Jul 1, 2008
    My bad, I'll correct it.