1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My 2014 Dolphins Review and Look Foward

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Chuck Klingbeil, Jan 7, 2015.

1. Chuck Klingbeil

Chuck Klingbeil New Member

Dec 15, 2014
    OFFENSE
    QB- I like Tannehill. I don't think he will be a great QB, but I think he can get into the top ten with a little more growth and better protection. That guy has taken a beating. Matt Moore is getting paid too much to ride the bench. He's gone and I think we need to bring a couple of young QBs to groom. I wish we could get Austin Davis back.

RB- Miller is a rocket. We need another big back to share the load. Thomas is a journeyman and not the answer. Gellislee is going to get one more swing and Williams has some potential. No way I bring back Moreno.

WR- Wallace is the question mark. Wallace does not fit with Tannehill. He's a deep ball receiver and RT doesn't throw well deep. We can cut him but that's a ton of dead money. We'd be paying him multi-millions not to play for us if he gets cut. Landry looks like the next O.J. McDuffie. Hartline is another mystery. I don't believe that he went from back to back thousand yard receiving seasons to a bum over night. Gibson is gone. Matthews is going to have one last swing. We need a big receiver for the redzone.

TE- I hope we bring back Clay. He has talent and was hurt in 2014. Sims took a major step forward and has a lot of potential. Who knows what Lynch is going to be, his first year was a washout.

OL- Albert was heading toward a pro bowl before he got hurt. When will he be back? What will he be like when he gets back? Who takes his spot until he comes back? James looked good as a rookie. Pouncey will lock down a spot. Colledge needs to retire. Billy Turner needs to claim a starting guard spot. I would like to keep Satele as a backup. We need to add another couple of linemen.

DEFENSE

DE-Wake is slowing down and Vernon had an off year. We need to keep Shelby. Does Jordan play here or OLB? If he plays OLB, we need DE youth.

DT-Starks is gone. Mitchell was average. Odrick is good but he is best as a 3-4 DE. Can Anthony Johnson or Francis play a run stuffing NT? If not we to add one.

LB- 99.99934% chance Ellerbe is gone. Wheeler is bad, but cutting him only saves 200,000 against the cap. Misi gets hurt too much and Jenkins is a young stud. How do McCain and Jordan fir here? Can Jordan Tripp step up? We need to add here.

CB- Grimes is really good but getting older. Finnegan is gone. Taylor showed something in limited play but he and Davis always seemed to be hurt. Have to add here.

S- I like Jones. I probably wouldn't bring back Delmas. Jimmy Wilson should be brought back to be a reserve for a cheap price. Probably need to add another safety.

SPECIAL TEAMS

Sturgis will have to fight for his job in the off season and Fields got paid four million dollars to be an average punter. He's on thin ice.

I think we need a developmental QB, big RB, big WR, two OL, NT, ILB, CB, S

2. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    One thing about the "only $200,000" against the cap. It does save more in 2016 if Wheeler is cut now

3. DolphinGreg

DolphinGreg Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 7, 2014
    I guess for the most part I agree with everything, however the challenge is not going through the team's entire roster and picking the 10-12 places that need obvious improvement in terms of talent and/or depth.

The real question is which of those are needs, which are wants, which of them can be addressed with affordable veteran FAs, and which should be the position(s) on which spend our highest draft picks.

I think a big WR is a want. I also think RB is a want.

I think Guard is a big need that justifies a high draft selection. I think DT will be if we don't resign Odrick.

I think the secondary positions (FS & CB) are both spots we can bolster with affordable FAs.

I think LB is something we do in the mid- and/or late- rounds.

4. Piston Honda

Piston Honda Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2014
    LB should probably be priority 1, we have guys who don't fit or can't play. Next is CB, then FS, WR & RB.

5. DolphinGreg

DolphinGreg Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 7, 2014
    Have to disagree. Misi and Jenkins represent quality OLBs. The addition and/or rotation of Jordan and Wheeler into that mix adds depth and/or competition for camp.

If Tripp isn't our MLB, maybe we keep Misi there for a year or sign a veteran temporarily but short of a Luke Kuechly quality player being available in the draft, I'm not spending a high pick on that position.

6. Piston Honda

Piston Honda Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2014
    I'm not a big fan of Misi or Jenkins. Misi is more of a 3-4 LB, Jenkins is the ideal nickel LB but he's not a guy I'd want starting. I agree with not reaching if there's no top tier guys available though.

Id like to see what Smith, Turner and Thomas can do, I'd look at WR or RB before OG.

7. Vertical Limit

Vertical Limit Senior Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Misi is always missing games, and he's not that good. We need linebackers badly. And Jenkins is okay but not that special.. a little overrated on these boards.

Piston Honda likes this.