1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fan Mock Draft

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by bobdigital, Jan 4, 2015.

1. bobdigital

bobdigital New Member

Jan 4, 2015
    Hey everyone. I am here to ask your fan base if anyone would be interested in participating in a fan based mock draft sometime later this year at a date yet to be determined (probably in April).

I am asking now as this will take a while to set up and require the cooperation of a decently sized number of people to pull off.

How it would work is that your fan base decides on posters here to be part of your "draft war room". I am asking for multiple people because I don't want the draft to fall apart if 1 person from 1 fan base does not show up. Also a fan base poll could happen but as this will be like a real draft (10 minutes per pick) I am not sure if that can work.

You would pick in the position your team picks for the player you decide your team needs. I think it would make sense to have a clear cut person is charge who can make the final say if there is disagreement but anyway you decide is fine. Also trades might not be possible. That is something we can determine in the future and I do not plan to dictate every aspect.

The draft would probably be held on a Friday night or sometime on the weekend. Right now though I am just inquiring if interest exist and going to the various fan boards. If you are interested please post here and I will come back and read it.

I am also looking for people who would be interested in putting this together with me as I doubt it will be possible to do it all by myself.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and for any participation you decide to give.

Fin-Omenal likes this.
  2. jim1

jim1 New Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Sounds like fun, maybe you can pick a main poster from this board to be in charge and I'd be happy to chime in with my two cents.

3. bobdigital

bobdigital New Member

Jan 4, 2015
    Cool and thanks. I do not want to dictate everything about this as I want it to be a communal effort. If you would like you can take a leadership role in this board in helping put it together.

I am going the AFCE boards today. Just posted in the Bills and Jets fan site and waiting for a reply. I really hope we can do it cause us fans know more about our teams than the so called experts and i think our draft could be incredibly insightful into the actual draft.

4. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University
    There is a poster named Speed, he brings a ton of knowledge and presents his arguments well...also he has over 10,000 hours of watching football so he's a certified expert.

If he doesn't work out then a guy we call cash in fist would do wonders for your draft game.

GL

5. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    from ''speed'' to all of us here at thephins.com..

dude didn't learn his lesson when he got banned the first time..but I guess insulting the board slipped thru the cracks.

You fu^^in clown O

6. Two Tacos

Two Tacos Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 24, 2007
    Psssst, hey DJ.... um, I don't know how to tell you this man, but your that guy right now. The one that tries to explain the joke, but doesn't know he is, as he didn't even realize that a joke happened. It's okay though. Hugs!

Also, I guess I did know how to tell you...