1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

La'el Collins OT LSU

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by jim1, Dec 20, 2014.

1. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    jim1 likes this.
  2. jim1

jim1 New Member

Jul 1, 2008
    If Mr. Clean is right and he can play LT, I'd say all the better. Have him start out at Guard and see what happens- the wild card is Billy Turner, how he progresses and what position he ends up at, I'm still guessing LT. Personally, I still see Collins him as a RT/OG prospect, a physical mauler that this OL sorely lacks. He would be a better fit if we didn't already have James at RT, but imo you either take Collins early or look for Matias/Jackson from FSU, John Miller or A.J. Cann in rds 3-4, maybe Laken Tomlinson as well. Signing Orlando Franklin in FA would be a very nice step in the right direction.

3. jim1

jim1 New Member

Jul 1, 2008
    BOTTOM LINE Lumbering brawler who has had a level of success in hyper-competitive SEC West. Lacks athleticism to be a consistent left tackle and will have to move to right tackle or bump inside to guard. Collins plays with a mean streak that is evident in every game and could come in and start right away in a power running game as a guard.
    -Lance Zierlein

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profiles/la'el-collins?id=2552361

--Lumbering? Not in my book. Not a LT, but rather a RT who can come in and dominate at OG in the running game, I can go with that. The problem is that we're just fine at RT with James, assuming he can stay there as per Albert- so do you draft a an OG in the 1st rd who can cover you at RT? Maybe, because this guy is so good. I still think that the Dolphins made a mistake putting Billy Turner at Guard as opposed to the position that his experience and talent dictates, LT. Pretty similar to forcing (and force feeding at the expense of God given athletic ability) Dion Jordan at DE.

4. Phoenician Fan

Phoenician Fan Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2013
    The sooner Brandon Albert is moved inside to LG the better. I am a defense first guy so I definitely wouldn't draft an OL in the first but I would sign Michael Roos and move Albert inside.

I am predicting Roos will return strong in 2015 and continue to play at a solid level for three more years at LT. I hope it is for the Dolphins.

5. Nappy Roots

Nappy Roots Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Bradenton,FL

The sooner the better? Why?

ssmiami and jim1 like this.
  6. jim1

jim1 New Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Branden Albert is the lean, long and athletic guy who you want at LT. I have no idea why you would take him and move him to Guard- I question if he would be a good OG anyway. What we need is a healthy Branden Albert back at Left Tackle, period. That would leave Ju'Wuan James back at his natural and best position, RT, and then hopefully the FO can get it in gear and shore up the OG position and OL depth in FA and the draft. Moving one of the best Left Tackles in football to Guard is like taking a Ferrari and using it as a pizza delivery car. It don't make no sense.

djphinfan, ssmiami and 77FinFan like this.
  7. Silverphin

Silverphin Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2007
    You do realize that what you're proposing has decent potential to create TWO holes on the OL?