1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Draft Geek 1st round mock 12/9/14

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by jim1, Dec 20, 2014.

1. jim1

jim1 New Member

Jul 1, 2008
    16) Miami Dolphins - Melvin Gordon III (RB Wisconsin) Melvin Gordon

Ryan Tannehill has made giants leaps under new offensive coordinator Bill Lasor and could take another big step if the Dolphins made a move to significantly upgrade their running game. Lamar Miller is not a bad running back, but he's not a difference maker. Melvin Gordon on the other hand is the type of Demarco Murray/Lesean McCoy gamebreaker who can completely change the shape of a game with a single carry. As he's proving in the midst of his record-setting junior season, Gordon is more than just another Wisconsin 'system back.' He can make you miss, run through you, or flat-out run past you. Gordon is an ever rare NFL 'feature back.'

- See more at: http://www.nfldraftgeek.com/2015nflmockdraft.html#sthash.hEOZut9C.dpuf

Bpk likes this.
  2. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

Interesting. Would rather see a big bodied WR to complement this corps though.

BlameItOnTheHenne likes this.
  3. jim1

jim1 New Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Like Martavis Bryant?

4. CaribPhin

CaribPhin Guest

The era of the first round RB is all but over. None in the past two drafts and the most recent were Trent Richardson and David Wilson/Doug Martin in the last two picks of the first.

Look at the top of the yardage list this year:

1. DeMarco Murray - 3rd
    2. Le'Veon Bell - 2nd
    3. Marshawn Lynch - 1st; eight years ago
    4. Arian Foster - Undrafted
    5. LeSean McCoy - 2nd
    6. Justin Forsett - 7th
    7. Eddie Lacy - 2nd
    8. Alfred Morris - 6th
    9. Jeremy Hill - 2nd
    10. Matt Forte - 2nd
    11. Jamaal Charles - 3rd
    12. Frank Gore - 3rd
    13. Lamar Miller - 4th
    14. Mark Ingram - 1st; 4 years ago, bottom of the first, hasn't lived up to the hype
    15. Russell Wilson - 3rd, the 15th best RB in the NFL is a 3rd round QB

Drafting Melvin Gordon in the first round is just a waste of resources.

5. ILDolPhan

ILDolPhan New Member

Apr 9, 2013
    I would be tempted to find a bigger, veteran back in FA than drafting one early unless Gurley drops to rd 2. If not, then middle rds if we don't find one in FA.

6. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

Plenty of decent power runners available in the mid-rounds to replace Daniel Thomas.

My two cents via iPhone.

7. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    The more I watch Jaelen Strong the more it seems I like him.

8. Vertical Limit

Vertical Limit Senior Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Id love to get a guy like Duke Johnson in the later rounds.. If it werent for the injuries I would think he would get picked up in a late second or third... But those injuries will scare people and he will drop.

9. CaribPhin

CaribPhin Guest

Today I learned that Malcolm Floyd is 33.

10. Nappy Roots

Nappy Roots Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Bradenton,FL
    If we draft RB in the first I'll puke.

11. Clark Kent

Clark Kent Fighter of the Nightman

May 9, 2008
    I won't. I Todd Gurley in round 2 > Gordon @ 14. But it would be nice to have a difference maker at the RB position again, even if we have to draft one in the first round. At the same time, I really want to shore up this offensive line for Tannehill so he doesn't die. A LT at 14 and a kick inside to G for grooming purposes would be nice.

12. finfansince72

finfansince72 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 18, 2007
    Columbia, South Carolina
    If we traded down and added a pick or two and were picking in the late part of the 1st round I think Gordon would be a really nice pick.