1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pouncey Post-game

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by DolphinGreg, Dec 16, 2014.

1. DolphinGreg

DolphinGreg Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 7, 2014
    http://www.miamidolphins.com/multim...ots_Game/f00b9649-ae27-44a8-8a83-b724a8a520cf

What struck me is that he seemed very honest. I didn't detect any BS in his responses.

I think this says a lot about the locker-room despite what some fans might think is going on or being said.

We desperately need to fill some holes during the off-season. It's sad that while we don't have many flaws, the ones we do have are killing us.

Galant and Larry Little like this.
  2. Larry Little

Larry Little Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Nashville, TN
    Pouncey doesn't seem to agree with the experts. He must be an idiot. :lol:

ElNino and Piston Honda like this.
  3. Piston Honda

Piston Honda Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2014
    You can't help but respect guys who don't ***** up and blame the coaches. Players play the game, they block, tackle, cover, pass, etc. Still waiting for the gen pop to catch on to this...

Larry Little and ElNino like this.
  4. Fin4Ever

Fin4Ever Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Aug 26, 2014
    Vero Beach, FL
    Yeah, everybody knows this, but they still need a leader and don't have one at this time. Our players don't need someone to be their friend, they need a HEAD COACH ! ! !

dolphin25 likes this.
  5. Disgustipate

Disgustipate Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Mike Pouncey is an idiot, regardless of what he thinks about the coaching staff.

jinx likes this.
  6. Piston Honda

Piston Honda Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2014
    LOL you really hate that guy.

7. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    what do you call a guy who wears a hat with the name of a guy who's in jail for double homicide?

idiot sounds about right.

resnor likes this.
  8. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

He has done some idiotic things, but this wasn't one of them.

dolphin25 likes this.
  9. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    your right , it wasn't..

10. CaribPhin

CaribPhin Guest

We know for a fact that he sort of is though. #FreeHernandez

11. DolphinGreg

Dec 7, 2014
    That incident was a little embarrassing for him, but that's really it.

Standing up and showing a little support for an ex-teammate is actually is good trait in my book.

It's pretty clear that Pouncey didn't know all of the facts, because I don't think anyone would stand up for AH right now.

dolphin25 likes this.
  12. DolphinGreg

Dec 7, 2014
    What I thought was more important was that Pouncey is:

A) a player who's been with the Dolphins as long as Philbin has.
    B) someone who has surely had to deal with Philbin based on off-the-field incidents.
    C) a Pro-Bowl talent (even if he's returned from surgery and had a mediocre year).

Pouncey was drafted by the Dolphins and has seen what Philbin and his staff has had to offer more than most other players. He's been saddled with the burden of playing next to some of the team's worst players. Pouncey represents the core of the team and that's why his voice is so much more than just his own.

Piston Honda likes this.
  13. PhinFan1968

PhinFan1968 To 2020, and BEYOND! Club Member

And he has nothing NFL to compare Philbin with. My kind of player wants to win, but I can understand his public comments. He should want more IMHO.

14. DolphinGreg

Dec 7, 2014
    It's fine to have a suspicion before all the facts are in, but it's not okay to form an opinion on big assumptions and to ignore evidence that indicates those assumptions are invalid.

We've worked very hard to get that bias out of our decision-making in society. That's NOT the way we conduct investigations.

The basis of the anti-Philbin campaign has been centered around his inability to reach the players. Here is a clear indication (from a "core" player) that those initial assumptions are entirely wrong.

This video is clear evidence to refute that idea.

But people don't want to throw away their bad models. Even when the evidence speaks against the validity of those models, they'd rather stick to the story the made up before any of the facts were in.

Having an open mind doesn't make anyone look weak or indecisive, but having a closed mind and ignoring facts is a sure-fire way to lose all credibility.

15. CaribPhin

CaribPhin Guest

I see it differently. People who don't know the facts should shut up. Politics would be much more bearable if people operated that way. Let us not forget he was one of the lead guys on the bullying situation

16. DolphinGreg

Dec 7, 2014
    I agree 100% with your philosophy of shutting up. My line of work is very much to do with crossing your t's and dotting your i's. If your work and words aren't legally defensible, you can get yourself in trouble quickly. Thankfully, sports isn't as stringent however.

Don't come down too hard on a young kid doing what he thought was right. I think Pouncey was simply supporting a friend who he probably thought was getting an unfair shake.

Turns out he was getting a very fair shake, lol. :)

17. Chad Muska

Chad Muska Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Jan 8, 2008
    You don't know that,

You don't have all the "facts".

18. Buckeyetroop

Buckeyetroop Active Member

Sep 27, 2010
    Except most of the facts were already out there. Not only does he have horrible character, he's a horribly overrated player.

19. finwin

finwin Active Member

Apr 30, 2013
    Jamestown, NC
    Pouncey's remarks are selfish. He won't be resigned next year if his game doesn't pick up. He's had one good year. Last year I could see him getting pushed around and this year he acts like he doesn't know the blocking assignments. We know he can't call the assignments when he's center. He's a Philbin guy and so you have those it's not the coach comments. Right, it's not the coach, it's you Pouncey, and Cooledge and Dallas Thomas.

20. Clark Kent

Clark Kent Fighter of the Nightman

May 9, 2008
    Pouncey played this season without camp, and the ability to strength and condition. I think he's done fine considering.