1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why the Dolphins are Irrelevant

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by finsfandan, Dec 14, 2014.

1. finsfandan

finsfandan Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    Hey guys, first time posting here.

Not hating on the Fins, I'm a fan myself, but like you all, I'm frustrated. I've been lurking around here for a while and enjoy this community.

Like any organization, a winning culture stems from the owner. Our owner is clueless (to say the least). There's so many reasons why we're a mediocre organization. Remember the Sparano/Harbaugh debacle? How do you think coaches feel about Ross after that? How about holding onto old Ireland for as long as we did? Think we were gonna attract elite coaches that way? How about not canning Philbin after the Martin and Incognito scandals? Even the Pouncey thing with the "Free Hernandez" crap makes us seem classless. Not bringing back our entire "leadership council" and having Incognito on it.

More on Philbin. How about his game-management? Timeouts at the most inopportune time, terrible half time adjustments (if any). Choking away close games, choking games to get to the playoffs, and just flat out losing period. Not developing players (Dion Jordan excelled at LB in Orgeon, shut down Gronk during the first half this game, took him out second half). Not starting more hungry, arguably hungrier players (LBs weren't replaced until they were injured, Moreno didn't start over Miller after he bullied the Pats).

The Heat, even though they're not at the top for now, are set because of Arison (we have Riley because of him). The Marlins and Dolphins? Enough said.

2. DolphinGreg

DolphinGreg Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 7, 2014
    Ireland was a disaster and it's going to take a few years before we're finally separated from all the garbage he put on this team.

No matter how much fixing Hickey did in the offseason, this is still mostly Jeff Ireland's team and people need to understand that before being so critical.

As far as the owner...I'll say this much. Owners pick GMs and Execs.

Owners that get involved is picking who the coaches are and what players should be acquired are generally panicky and impatient people who wind up hurting their franchises.

If Ross can stick to writing checks, he'll become a good owner in my book.

mlb1399 likes this.
  3. Not So Fast

Not So Fast Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2012
    Lake Worth, FL
    Don't like Ross either. He treats the team like he does a painting. It's just something to talk about and dust off once in a while. The owner needs to do a better job and take more of an effort to finding good staff members and developing an identity/culture.

4. TooGoodForDez

TooGoodForDez Deion Sanders for GM

Feb 26, 2013
    And that is where Ross screwed up last year.

5. DolphinGreg

DolphinGreg Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 7, 2014
    In his post-game presser, Philbin had the same sort of "dead" look I recall Sparano as having towards the end.

I wonder if Ross has already made a decision and announced it to Philbin?

6. TooGoodForDez

TooGoodForDez Deion Sanders for GM

Feb 26, 2013
    Yeah, I did not see the presser, but I listened to it, and both Philbin and Tannehill spoke in trembling voice. (Those were the only two interviews I heard.) I got the feeling there was great pain and disappointment in the locker room.

7. finsfandan

finsfandan Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014

How so? By firing Ireland and replacing him with Hickey?

8. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2013
    Norfolk VA
    Because we are not in the NFC south?

Piston Honda likes this.
  9. Alex13

Alex13 Tua Time !!! Club Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Berlin,Germany
    ok.

10. Kud_II

Kud_II Realist Division

Oct 15, 2011
    Seneca, SC
    Title thread made me :pointlol:

11. dolphin25

dolphin25 Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2014
    Shouldnt they worry about being disappointed before the game? as in , I dont want to lose this game, gonna kick some a$$

12. LBsFinest

LBsFinest Banned

Jul 24, 2012
    You're right, it all starts at the top. Our owner is embarrassing, just a complete joke.

13. gunn34

gunn34 I miss Don & Dan

Jan 5, 2008
    Oviedo FL
    Welcome aboard.