1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Draft or cut offensive linemen

Discussion in 'SoapBox - Rants forum' started by padre31, Dec 9, 2014.

1. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    During the course of fans events it becomes obvious

Draft a fat *** offensive lineman to play in miami, or pay them millions, they still will suck and be bad at their jobs.

Another December "must win" loss

Basically b/c guys like Dallas Thomas, who cash checks, or "all pros" like Mike Pouncey..simply suck at their jobs, they are just bad.

AGAIN

What is it about Miami that brings large athletic offensive linemen down here..to suck...and still get to cash their paychecks?

Not sure were everyone else works..when I'm bad at my job I get sent home, or pink slipped..Dolphins fans have seen the same Goddammable thing for a decade

Is it to much sex? Big fellas just getting soft from South Beach's et al's available poon? The heat? Stupidity?

Not that they give half a damn, their checks clear

A bit of a rant..however in my defense..I am pissed at seeing the same damn thing yr after yr after yr..I am THIS close to writing off the NFL as a mistake and just finding better things to do..like I did not know we'd lose to the Ravens..team *****, of course we'd lose to them

BTW by "cut" I mean take out into a field and shoot, just to clear things up

2. cdz12250

cdz12250 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Coconut Grove
    Albert did not suck. He got hurt.
    Colledge is, meh. sort of OK, but not really.
    James is a good rookie playing out of position.
    Turner hasn't played a down.
    Smith kind of sucks.
    Dallas Thomas is an abomination in a football uniform.
    Pouncey is out of position and is surrounded by less than stellar quality.
    Satele is the same guy we cut once, with more experience but the same limitations.
    Garner will never be more than a backup.
    We need to replace the stopgap rent-a-linemen, get Albert back, make Satele what he is (a serviceable backup), put Pouncey and James back where they belong, cut Thomas, develop Turner, and get two good guards, maybe Turner (but by now I doubt it) and another.

3. Ohio Fanatic

Ohio Fanatic Twuaddle or bust Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Concord, MA
    people act like most teams have great offensive lines. I'd argue, only a handful of teams have 5 solid starters and even fewer have great lines.
    We've definitely have had some busts with our mid-round picks. But at mid-season, our line had 3 good players + 1 average player + 1 poor player. that's why we were winning. that's better than half the teams in the NFL.

we have to keep investing. It's worth it.
    - look at the impact of good line in Dallas: crap team to potential 11 win team
    - look at the impact of bad line in San Fran: CKaep goes from good to bad from one season to next
    - look at the transformation in New England: when their line was porous to start the season- patriots were below average. their line gets it together and stays healthy, they are a juggernaut

4. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Hear that every yr, and we traded out John Jerry for Dallas Thomas

"Franchise LT..good for the team for ten yrs"..Parcells on Jake Long

The only real way to overcome it is a elite level Qb..still waiting on Tannehill to get there

So here we are again

How about we just draft offensive linemen, every pick, next 10 yrs, we will hit on someone