1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A football life with Brandon Marshall

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by RickyNeverInhaled, Dec 5, 2014.

1. RickyNeverInhaled

RickyNeverInhaled Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2009
    Alabama
    I'm watching A Football Life with Brandon Marshall. I remember being upset about the Brandon Marshall trade and I blamed Ireland. From watching this show, i now know that Jay Cutler and Brandon Marshall were the reason the trade talks started. I thought that was interesting. It makes sense because they played together, but this whole time I was thinking it was Ireland who initiated the trade. I can't fault Ireland for that, if someone doesn't want to be on my team if I was a GM I would no longer want them on my team and anything I could get for that person is a win/win scenario in my eyes.

Sorry if this has been discussed before I haven't seen anyone talk about it. It is a new revelation to me so I shared it.

MikeHoncho, 2socks and Fin-Omenal like this.
  2. CitizenSnips

CitizenSnips hmm.

Nov 29, 2007
    PA
    All he does is lose, the life and times of brandon marshall

3. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    one of the most overrated players on this board, in this league, relative to being called elite, never been elite, still isn't, and has shown once again why Ive been saying after watching him play in a dolphin uniform that he's overrated.

big good possession receiver, nothing more nothing less..bad idea to run offense thru him, bad idea to give the inordinate amount of targets it requires to give him his production..

after what I saw after two seasons, then at the pro bowl, I was ready to move on.

firedan and cuchulainn like this.
  4. Larry Little

Larry Little Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Nashville, TN
    I agree with Deej. He's an overrated possession receiver.

Overpriced, and a headcase to boot.

5. hifisapi

hifisapi New Member

Dec 5, 2014
    IIRC, either just before or just after we got rid of him, he caught 4 TD passes in one Pro Bowl game.
    He cant be that bad.

6. cuchulainn

cuchulainn Táin Bó Cúailnge Club Member

Sep 7, 2012
    Hattiesburg, MS
    Dude, really? That's basically an exhibition game where no one goes 100% and it means nothing. ;-)

Put him in a game that matters and watch him come up small then go into a rant in the post game.

7. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2013
    Norfolk VA
    Yeah that was actually one of my favorite episodes. Regardless of his play, I def have respect for the man the way he's turned himself around and doing good for the world these days.

8. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    ts common knowledge that no defense is to be played in the pro bowl..

9. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    hes not bad, just overrated relative to the word elite that a lot of folks were throwing around all the time..real good possession receiver.

10. hifisapi

hifisapi New Member

Dec 5, 2014
    Yeah, I know its not a regular game, but I doubt the Pro Bowl corners just give away TDs.

11. cuchulainn

cuchulainn Táin Bó Cúailnge Club Member

Sep 7, 2012
    Hattiesburg, MS
    Players show up for the free vacation to Hawaii and play NOT to get hurt. They get a minimum of $22,500 just to show up for it. They go thru motions and that is about it.

They should get rid of it altogether.

12. CrunchTime

CrunchTime Administrator Retired Administrator

Nov 23, 2007
    Actually the Cutler-Marshall combo is overated.As long as they are in Chicago the playoffs will elude them IMO.

13. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    theres no defense, theres no sense of urgency, theres no hitting, sometimes at the end of games you will get a nice competitive man to man matchup, but basing any production from the probowl as your defense of how good he is, would be a bad move..

14. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    where do you rate the player?