1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who Is Your Biggest Offseason Addition

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Georgia Fin, May 12, 2008.

1. Georgia Fin

Georgia Fin Fin For Life

Nov 25, 2007
    West Georgia
    Just curious what everyone's opinions are on this. Personally, I can't look past Wayne upping the ante to pull Parcells away from Atlanta. Think about how different things would be if Parcells had gone to Atlanta. I;m reall excited about the direction we're going in.:up:

2. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

To me, this one is easy...the main offseason additions were Justin Smiley and Jake Long. That should, in theory, solidify the OL to the point where we might be considered an actual NFL team. Adding the depth in FA and prospects like Merling and Langford are great, but the OL needed the most attention and it seems to have gotten it...

emale2u1, alen1 and Georgia Fin like this.
  3. mphins

mphins New Member

Apr 7, 2008
    Kingsport, Tennessee
    I think WR Ernest Wolford will help out a lot.

4. Regan21286

Regan21286 MCAT's, EMT's, AMCAS, ugh

Dec 3, 2007
    UCLA, CA
    My picks in FA would be Wilford and Smiley. Trade-wise I'd go with Ferguson and draft-wise Jake Long.

5. texasPHINSfan

texasPHINSfan New Member

Dec 14, 2007
    Bellevue, WA
    this is pretty much my thinking....

but if we're talking the entire organization, i think it has to be, hands down, Parcells. :up:

6. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    FA: Smiley & Wilford
    Trade: Fasano/Ayodele
    Draft: Jake Long
    FO: Parcells

I think ill take some abuse for my trade pick of Fasano, But I think he has alot of potential to him that never got shown in Dallas because he was playing behind Witten, and our TE position needed help. I think he is a great addition, along with getting Ayodele... Two potential starters and we only gave up a 4th round pick.

Bpk and phinfanuk like this.
  7. DonShula84

DonShula84 Moderator Luxury Box

Jan 3, 2008
    I'm most excited about Fasano.

8. jdang307

jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    I wonder why :lol:

Jake Long and Smiley are good candidates, but I love the 4th for Fasano and Ayodele. I mean we still need to see how they bear out, but I'm loving the potential for great value from that trade.

9. EdSta74

EdSta74 I

Mar 22, 2008
    Long Island City, NY
    Smiley and Long IMO. Ronnie and whoever is the QB will appreciate it. I'm curious to see how the secondary shakes out since it hasnt been addressed yet.

10. BwanaZulia

BwanaZulia New Member

May 12, 2008
    It has to be the Tuna. At the very least you know the road to recovery is a few years away.

Jake Long was a good pick, now you just needs some secondary next year and figure out the QB situation.

BZ

CrunchTime and like2god like this.
  11. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    For me, it can't be one. Theres so many acquisitions that have gotten me excited. Mine are Ferguson, the OL ( Murphy, Thomas, Long and Smiley) , Wilford and finally the Tuna.

Kanye West likes this.
  12. Ludacris

Ludacris Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Jan 8, 2008
    I'm going to say Jeff Ireland.
    I can see what he is doing and I like it. I think him putting together a good roster will be key. I'm optimistic about his draft and like the players he selected. I also liked the way he went about free agency and trades to get the Parcells/Sporano type players. It is alreay starting to look like a roster with depth in the trenches and key special teams additions. He's done a good work already and it'll get better i think.

alen1 likes this.
  13. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Qb Coach Lee, ST Coach Bonamigo, and the Tuna and Sparano.

14. Kanye West

Kanye West 'Parcells' Guy

Mar 23, 2008
    I would have to say every body we singed to help our special teams and Bill Parcells and Anthony Fason

15. Kanye West

Kanye West 'Parcells' Guy

Mar 23, 2008
    I would also say Ernest Wiford to

16. emale2u1

emale2u1 Season Ticket Holder

Mar 23, 2008
    Maryland
    It only took me reading to the second post to get my answer. Actually I have a mulitpart answer. First Parcells then Smiley then Long.

Gotta love the Big Guys :pointlol:

17. His'nBeatYour'n

His'nBeatYour'n Glass Ceiling Repairman

Dec 10, 2007
    New York
    Parcells was hired during the season, and I'd argue Ireland and Sparano were as good as hired when he came aboard.

Obviously the most significant difference between the 07 season and 08 season is those three guys, but I think that goes without saying.

So instead I'll focus on the biggest on field addition, and I'll have to throw a vote towards Henne. I'm not predicting he'll win the job, and I'm not necessarily rooting for him to win it. For the purposes of this argument he might as well just be called "QB we drafted 57th overall." But I think his presence is significant. He increases the odds that we may actually find a QB of the future for this franchise, and he offers the fans hope should Beck show he isn't the guy. Yeah the O-line is sure to be better, but those positions don't matter more than QB.

brandon27 likes this.
  18. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    I see what you're saying about henne. Personally I like Henne, and I like Beck. I really wanted Beck to win the job, but I want Henne to win it. Whoever wins it, i'll be happy, especially if its one of them. But I see youre arguement as to why he may be our best addition. We will find out this year for sure if Beck is the guy, the presence of a newly drafted QB makes that obvious. At least this way if Beck fails... we know that we have another young guy waiting. Not to mention I guess you could say the same things for McCown being here too... but with Henne being the new draft pick, and the younger, and probably better QB of the two... I see your point totally. :hi5:

19. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

Stop reading my mind! :lol::up: Brilliant, exactly what I was going to say. Parcells should be first though because his impact is the biggest. Then Jake, then Smiley & Wilford, then Fasano/Ayodele.

20. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Parcells, Parcells, Parcells. Ireland, Sparano And The Rest Of Our Aquisitions

21. Desides

Desides Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    This team has so many holes that it's hard to pick just one.

Justin Smiley was a big addition. I'm glad we landed him. I'm not wild about Ernest Wilford, but our receiving corps needs help and we may as well give him a shot. The Fasano/Ayodele trade was this team's best use of a 2nd day pick since we drafted Zach Thomas.

22. like2god

like2god Typical white person Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    CNY
    Yup, hiring Parcells was the biggest and most effective acquisition so far. Now we just need to be patient and let them build this team their way.

alen1 likes this.
  23. Striking

Striking Junior Member

Apr 21, 2008
    Aurora, Colorado
    David Lee. If the Dolphins are to go anywhere, now or in the future, they must be able to develop QBs effectively. Lee's offseason work with Beck will pay off for Miami.

Bpk likes this.
  24. Regan21286

Regan21286 MCAT's, EMT's, AMCAS, ugh

Dec 3, 2007
    UCLA, CA
    If David Lee is to be most successful, he needs to have his opinions heard about who he thinks should start. If Parcells had listened to him or Sean Payton in Dallas, well, he'd probably still be with the Cowboys and they'd never had to go through the whole Hutchinson/Bledsoe/Henson merry-go-around.

25. jdang307

jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    Aha! But he was added during the season, not the offseason, so he's disqualified!:pointlol:

26. pennphinfan

pennphinfan Stelin Canez Arcade Scorz

Dec 13, 2007
    Los Angeles
    though i think the OLmen will technically be the best additions, i think the most visible addition will honestly be ernest wilford. with a much better o-line, plus a great corps of runners and blocking TEs (namely fasano), along with ginn stretching the field, wilford will have a terrific season. People will say it's because he's great, but it will be a lot bc of the additions of long, smiley, fasano and the better playing of ginn. just my opinion. I am stoked about this team though!

27. phinfanuk

phinfanuk Season Ticket Holder

Dec 19, 2007
    I think Fasano will become a fan favourite around here, I loved him in college. Ernest Wilford could have a good year if our offense clicks, I look to see him pulling in those red zone jump balls and I could see him getting 8-10 touchdowns easy if we end up pushing for a playoff spot. If our O-line clicks I don't think we are that far away from being competitive.

28. CrunchTime

CrunchTime Administrator Retired Administrator

Nov 23, 2007
    OL.We finally have one or at least we have invested in the raw material to make a good one.

No more trying to make chicken salad out of chicken doodoo.The rushing game will play off that and once you have established the run the passing becomes more effective.Elemental my friends.

Georgia Fin likes this.