1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kaepernick / Wilson.....

Discussion in 'Other NFL' started by Vertical Limit, Nov 27, 2014.

1. Vertical Limit

Vertical Limit Senior Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Anyone still think these two are elite? wilson might have a chance to be above average but Kaepernick is clearly the Nick Marshall of the NFL.

2. keithjackson

keithjackson Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 1, 2007
    Sheesh, CKeap just looks like he hit a rookie wall or sophomore slump and just stayed there. He can throw a bullet and run a streak, but can't put it together. I'd take Tannehill over him ten out of ten times.

Clark Kent likes this.
  3. Jt0323

Jt0323 Fins Up! Luxury Box

Dec 7, 2007
    Las Vegas
    Anyone notice NBC tried to create a controversy by pointing out that they were eating turkey on the 9ers logo? they kept bringing it up and Wilson did not bite and they said it to sherman again hoping he would take a **** on the logo or something.

4. Clark Kent

Clark Kent Fighter of the Nightman

May 9, 2008
    I remember before the season, unnamed scouts said the same thing. They liked Tanny more than Ckap. Easy to see why now, but they deserve some credit.

5. Vertical Limit

Nov 25, 2007
    Luckily for the 49ers the contract they gave him is very team friendly and they can release that scrub anytime and not lose anything... But you get the feeling they will give him one more year before they make such a move. But man, he's been TERRIBLE this year, and they even gave him more help offensively. Any capable passer that has Crabtree, Davis, Hyde, Gore, Boldin, Stevie Johnson and Lloyd should be able to score at least 3 touchdowns a game without the aid of your defense setting you up. I'm saying a real quarterback should be able to march down the field 60-80 yards for 3 TD's MINIMUM with those type of weapons on their arsenal.

This guy ****ing sucks and I've been saying all year long that read option offense is a gimmick in this league much like the wildcat and defensive coordinators have caught on.

Unlucky 13 likes this.
  6. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    Alright. I've always maintained and been BASHED here for saying neither of these guys is elite. However I do believe Wilson is a "good" QB that you can win with by creating a great gameplan to fit his skill set. At this point...that is what he is. He is to the NFL what Ken Dorsey was to college at this point passing wise. He can spread the ball to his receivers if they create space and he has the added dimension of the run (Unlike Dorsey). He's not a passer that can put the team on his shoulders yet and I'm not sure if he ever will be. However when the defense was playing elite last season and Lynch was destroying defenses, his skill set was perfect for that team. Especially with Tate at WR making plays for him. He may get there eventually, but I'm not sure. Even if he stays at what he is now, he's good enough to win with under the right circumstances.

Kaep....never liked anything about his game. He's a slightly better passing but also less athletic Michael Vick in my opinion. He can make all the throws, but he doesn't command the QB position and Ive been laughing at the 49'ers for that contract. He will either end up as the QB on another desperate team who wants to overpay, or as a backup somewhere in a few years. He just doesn't have the ability to pass consistently when it's needed. You never know what you'll get from his arm on any given Sunday and IMO you can't win like that over time.

Unlucky 13 likes this.
  7. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    I still think Wilson is a more athletic Drew Brees.

8. Vertical Limit

Nov 25, 2007
    The CEO of the 49ers with an indirect shot at Jim Harbaugh last night, sheesh. That guy is definitely a free agent coach in the offseason.

When have you ever seen an owner tweet after a loss apologizing to the fans for the performance on the field and describing it as unacceptable?

9. Vertical Limit

Nov 25, 2007
    Wilson has a lot to develop by the way, for those who say he's elite, id expect him to put up numbers similar to prime McNabb and he's not doing that. McNabb was elite before Terrell Owens was there and he had a bunch of average talent besides Westbrook so the supporting cast Russell has isnt an excuse. Hell its very similar.

10. finfansince72

finfansince72 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 18, 2007
    Columbia, South Carolina
    I think Wilson has already proven hes a really good Qb. I'm not sure what there is to be really critical of him at this point. Is he Aaron Rodgers? No, but you can obviously win games with Wilson and he can make big plays to win games with his arm and legs so he's a guy that I would say is very close to being elite if not elite.

CKap, to me looks awful most of the time. He just flat out misses throws, can't seem to find a way to get playmakers involved (Davis) and basically seems to have regressed to a raw rookie Qb for some odd reason. I have to wonder about coaching and work ethic at this point but I'm not at practices and don't know him obviously so its hard to say what is wrong with him. I think CKap is a really rare talent, he should be improving....not sure what is up with him. San Frans offense is garbage right now.

11. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    lol..this can't be serious..

12. Vertical Limit

Nov 25, 2007
    He's a game manager, other than a few plays where he breaks the pocket, what does he do that is more special than McNabb? Hes not on his level, not even close.

13. Nappy Roots

Nappy Roots Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Bradenton,FL

You must be thinking of a different Donovan McNabb. There was nothing elite about that guy. He had one very good year with Terrell Owens. Other then that, extremely mediocre. Wilson has been in the nfl for 3 seasons and McNabbs never put up 3 seasons worth of numbers Wilson has already.