1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Did you know....

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by k-bayfinfan, Nov 27, 2014.

1. k-bayfinfan

k-bayfinfan Bikini Inspector

Jun 24, 2008
    Oahu
    ...that since the start of NBC Sunday Night Football, the Dolphins have played on NBC just twice? And that one of those games wasn't even on Sunday night but the the inaugural Thursday Night game against the Steelers? (The game where N. Sabans threw the red flag like my 3 yr old niece) Only 6 other teams have played less(Jville jaguars, T.B.Fuccanear, Croakland Faiders, St.L Lambs, Breveland Clowns and Fluffalo Jills). The NY gnats and the Phallus cowgirls played at least 20 each in the same period. The six teams with less have been bad teams in that period but aside from the Cam Cameron era I think we've played well enough to play a little more on Sunday night. Does NBC Sunday night football hate us? Anybody else agree?

2. Unlucky 13

Unlucky 13 Team Raheem Club Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    Its based on how the team is viewed both in quality and in popularity. Like it or not, we've had one winning season since NBC started the SNF games, and while the Fins have a good nationwide fan base, for whatever reason (and I don't understand it at all) fans of other teams often dislike us. The fact that the team choked away the playoffs in 2009, 2010 and 2013 doesn't help. The league and NBC are not trying to be fair with the SNF package. They are trying to get the very best ratings possible.

The only way that we're going to get on the Sunday night game more often is to #1 win consistantly, and #2, be viewed as an interesting team or a good story. I think that we're on the right track for getting better and becoming a winning team. As to the latter, we have one of the league's most boring head coaches, and the team, apparently by choice, is closed off to the fans and media, and instructs the players to be as dull as possible. And while I'm not complaining, because I like it when guys do their job and keep focused, our main players on offense are generally very quiet and mild mannered. I don't think that I've ever even seen an interview with Lamar Miller or Charles Clay.

We have to become a team that Joe Fan around the country wants to stay up and watch to get on the games, and there are probably a lot of teams ahead of us in line for that right now. As it stands, I'd say that if we win 10 games, we'll l likely get one SNF game in 2015. We play a lot of popular teams next season.

305 likes this.
  3. CitizenSnips

CitizenSnips hmm.

Nov 29, 2007
    PA
    I think that changes next year. The teams that get prime time slots are ones with marketable players or coaches. Tannehills turning into that guy. For instance, would it shock anyone if tannehill v. Luck round 3 is a primetime game (whenever it happens)

It's clear the Giants and jets have been prime time wayyy to much this season. Redskins too.