1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tannehill: 11th in NFL with 93.4 Passer Rating

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by GARDENHEAD, Nov 25, 2014.

1. GARDENHEAD

GARDENHEAD Season Ticket Holder Club Member

May 7, 2008
    New Orleans
  2. jdang307

jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    I drafted him in a supplemental draft this year (dynasty league, backup to Russell Wilson), dropped him, then picked him up again a month ago. LOL. Here's to hoping! I need someone to keep up with the Mannings, Brees, Lucks and Brady's of the league.

3. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    Thing about Tannehill is that he still hasn't reached his ceiling. Hes improved every season so far and shows no signs of stopping that.

speed, Mexphin, MAFishFan and 4 others like this.
  4. Stringer Bell

Stringer Bell Post Hard, Post Often Club Member

Mar 22, 2008
    Hopefully he continues this level of play. Miami should have a good shot at a SB next season before his pay skyrockets.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

DPlus47, SICK and Bpk like this.
  5. finwin

finwin Active Member

Apr 30, 2013
    Jamestown, NC
    Too bad we started the season 2-3 and we're 1-2 in the last 3 games.

6. vt_dolfan

vt_dolfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

And this has to do with RTs Passer rating how?

speed, Mexphin, MikeHoncho and 4 others like this.
  7. Fins Hipster

Fins Hipster Banned

Nov 7, 2014
    This is a problem, however, because you can't depend on 10- and 12-play drives when you need quick scores or you're in a shootout against the best QBs in the league, a la Denver. The offense has to expand and threaten vertically, or Tannehill will be nothing but an Alex Smith type who needs a rare level of help around him for the team to threaten at a high level. Chunk plays are important, and scaled-back offenses have fewer of them.

dolphin25 and huck1974 like this.
  8. 2socks

2socks Rebuilding Since 1973

Nov 27, 2008
    Atlanta
    Anybody think Marino has anything to do with this??

jedburg, Kud_II and Bpk like this.
  9. 2socks

2socks Rebuilding Since 1973

Nov 27, 2008
    Atlanta
    IMO if you look at who those "L's" are against its all against playoff teams

we have beat virtually no one worth a darn, and it is not the players fault.

Denver toyed with us. It was part of their game plan to make Tanne & Co go 80+ yards time after time, eats up a crap load of clock

I'd take my chances any day if Peyton was my QB that way

then we jump a 8 yrd route on 3rd and 20, allowing Denver to ultimately score and go in to the half down by 21-17 instead of 21-10. Where is the coaching?????????

Denver gets the ball to start the half and with little to zero coaching changes at the half allow Denver to march right down the field to go ahead 24-21. They never looked back

Tanne is a good QB in a badly coached team

finwin likes this.
  10. FinNasty

FinNasty Alabama don’t want this... Staff Member Club Member

Dec 1, 2007
    Scaling it back vertically wasn't just about Tannehill... it was about the entire offensive roster make up (OL, WRs, etc). When we have a WR that can go attack a deep ball... we can start chucking it deep. We don't have that. We have a WR that, while super fast, has a tiny catch radius which makes deep passing really hard with him. And no one else on the roster really offers much of a vertical threat, either via speed or jump ball capability.

Mexphin, MAFishFan and cuchulainn like this.
  11. Larry Little

Larry Little Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Nashville, TN
    Tannehill is pretty good. But, you know... he's no Brandon Weeden. :shifty:

speed, jedburg, MikeHoncho and 3 others like this.
  12. finwin

finwin Active Member

Apr 30, 2013
    Jamestown, NC
    I thought with that kind of passer rating, it would be enough to get us in the playoffs but so far that logic is proving to be wrong. Obviously winning and not throwing that last int against Denver would help more than 11th best rating. Is Tannehill doing his job? I don't know, look at Kyle Orton's rating.

13. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2013
    Norfolk VA
    I had him in my main keeper league. Was doing good for me. Then someone trades me Aaron Rodgers for Jordy Nelson. Rodgers blew up the week i got him, but I started him over Tanny last week - mistake - Tannehill had 10 more pts than Rodgers last week.

Bpk likes this.
  14. Eop05

Eop05 Junior Member Club Member

Dec 8, 2007
    NJ
    I think this is overstated. The top Superbowl contenders sans Seattle all have 20 million dollar per year QBs.

And didn't we enter the season like 15 million under the cap with a ton of carry-over. If/when Tannehill signs a 5 year 88 million dollar contract, we'll still be able to contend I think

15. Kud_II

Kud_II Realist Division

Oct 15, 2011
    Seneca, SC
    Yeah I was wrong we have to work with this kid. Tannehill proved to me he's made of something.

Sorry Ryan for pickin on ya.

Larry Little and Bpk like this.
  16. vt_dolfan

Huh.. The last INT was not on 17..but the topic was his rating.. Had nothing to do with playoffs. You added that part.

Unlucky 13 likes this.
  17. keithjackson

keithjackson Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 1, 2007
    Ryan Tannehill is also #9 in TD% (5.1%) and #9 in INT% (2.0%).

Hiruma78 and speed like this.
  18. GARDENHEAD

GARDENHEAD Season Ticket Holder Club Member

May 7, 2008
    New Orleans
    Probably. Though getting to know the offense better helps. And the drops have stopped.

19. finwin

finwin Active Member

Apr 30, 2013
    Jamestown, NC
    How was the last Int not on 17? I think we should have ran on that play, but aside from that, how was it not RT's fault that he threw an Int?

20. TooGoodForDez

TooGoodForDez Deion Sanders for GM

Feb 26, 2013
    The int is either on Philbin or Goodell. Those are the two possible devils in football.

21. Ohio Fanatic

Ohio Fanatic Twuaddle or bust Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Concord, MA
    only if Hickey has another good year as GM

22. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    Well, it's hard to argue that Landry being interfered with didn't contribute to the pick. At the very least, the int should have been wiped off the board, and the Dolphins have another first down out of it.

23. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

speed and 2socks like this.
  24. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

Lazor doing great work with Dan Marino. They split the credit three ways w/ Tannehill imo.

25. Unlucky 13

Unlucky 13 Team Raheem Club Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    The ball hit Landry in the chest and bounced off into the defender's hands. How is that the QB's fault?

speed likes this.
  26. dolfan22

dolfan22 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Noticed during the game that a few times the comment was that 17 saw "it" and ripped it .... pretty much what we have heard Tannehill say Marino has been telling him .

27. VManis

VManis Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 10, 2010

The ball was tipped at the line of scrimmage so there couldn't have been PI.

28. ToddPhin

ToddPhin Premium Member Luxury Box Club Member

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    Hopefully. It'd be nice to know their work together and time Dan invested is paying dividends.

29. finwin

finwin Active Member

Apr 30, 2013
    Jamestown, NC
    Tannehill needs to understand his limitations. Landry was covered. I believe it was first down. We drive the ball and use up 5 minutes off the clock, and we all feel the opposite of the way we feel right now. It was a poor decision that negated a phenominal game by him.

mullingan likes this.
  30. Brasfin

Brasfin Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2013
    Brazil
    Bill Lazor himself, who is a straight shooter, said in his presser you can't fault Tannehill for that int.. he said Tannehill has made that throw in that same situation to Landry many other times before.

Bpk likes this.
  31. Silverphin

Silverphin Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Because Jarvis was being interfered with when he attempted to catch it.

32. vt_dolfan

woah
    ...Really? Landry was covered? Before you answer that..you should maybe rewatch the play.

MAFishFan and Clark Kent like this.
  33. BigNastyDB13

BigNastyDB13 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2012
    That "tiny catch radius" hasn't stopped him from being THE big play wr in the league in pitt. Wallace won't win you jump balls but his speed allows for mistakes on accuracy down the field. Last year there were numerous occasions wallace would be wide *** open and come to a stop to catch a pass. You dont have to throw a perfect pass to Wallace downfield. I think Tannehill has improved this year on the deep pass, they just aren't attempting as many bombs but they typically take some 30-50 yard shots. It'll come.

34. vt_dolfan

I have the still if you would like to see. Landry clearly has position on the DB..and his left arm is being held down.

35. KeyFin

KeyFin Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    Umm, he was lousy the first five games...that's how.

36. Clark Kent

Clark Kent Fighter of the Nightman

May 9, 2008
    We still have the 5th year option, which will bump him up but not break the bank.

37. ToddPhin

ToddPhin Premium Member Luxury Box Club Member

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    yes yes yes, we get it. You hated Tannehill, have no patience for his development, thought he was a bust, were very outspoken about it, and now you're bitter because he's making you look pretty silly about it. Sucks for you that while the rest of us are busy basking in Tannehill's play and Miami's future success as Ryan gets better and better, you won't be able to enjoy it thanks to the extreme, obtuse stance you took.

speed, MAFishFan, smahtaz and 6 others like this.
  38. vt_dolfan

It's OK.. You can be a fan of RT17 now.. All good.

39. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    Not sure if serious.

Mexphin and MAFishFan like this.
  40. dolfan22

dolfan22 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

As a team if you want to have double digit wins you need your WR's to make contested receptions like that . Wasn't a gimme at all but all kinds of receivers make catches like that every week. That was not a RT mistake , at all.