1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who on our roster is a future HOFer?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Pauly, Nov 25, 2014.

1. Pauly

Pauly Season Ticket Holder

Nov 29, 2007
    If we look back at the last 3 losses it has taken special play by a future HOFer to beat us (Rodgers, Megatron and Manning)

Just looking at our roster I am trouble seeing players who would fit that category:
    Tannehill will probably only get in if he wins multiple SBs.
    Wake is awesome, but his raw stats aren't quite there, and he missed too many seasons early in his career to amass a large volume of stats.
    Albert has had too many injuries.

Jelani Jenkins has played really well this year, but he's not at the game changing by himself level just yet. Maybe he could develop into one in the future.

2. gunn34

gunn34 I miss Don & Dan

Jan 5, 2008
    Oviedo FL
    If Grimes keep on playing like he does, he'll get in.

3. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    I doubt anyone on the current roster gets in without a ring. Wake with stats like has has put up these last few years over a career may have, but not having missed several. With a ring he might be a fringe guy.

Grimes potentially, needs to play at this level into the mid/late thirties and probably make a conversion at safety to keep racking up INT numbers.

Vernon is starting to come on, turning into a very pleasant surprise. Years of consistency and a ring could elevate him into the discussion.

Pouncey maybe has the talent, but hard to see that peabrain getting that far.

4. vt_dolfan

vt_dolfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Honestly..

I believe Jarvis Landry is. I think the Phins will win 2 Super Bowls back to back.. And that could get both Tannehill and Landry there in the distant future.

I think we have a great shot next season.. And that would really help guys like Wake and Grimes.

Of course I've got my Homer hat on. So don't bother with the wisecracks.. Lol.

5. Fins Hipster

Fins Hipster Banned

Nov 7, 2014
    And you're right that there has been no counter. Alex Smith-level play at QB isn't going to do it unless you have the equivalent of the 2013 Seattle Seahawks' defense, or the turnover margin of the 2013 Kansas City Chiefs. Alex Smith-level play at QB gets beaten by the "Michael Jordans" of the league, especially in the clutch, unless it gets exceptionally good play elsewhere on the team. That's the difference between 9-2 and 6-5 for this year's Miami Dolphins.

Tannehill could very well evolve into being a whole lot better than Alex Smith, but at the level at which he's playing right now, he's going to need more help than he's getting to beat the likes of Rodgers, Manning, and Stafford/Johnson in the clutch. Unfortunately that degree of help is also rare in the league, and the 2014 Miami Dolphins can't provide it.

6. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    Ok. I nominate Shouright to go down to the QB store, and pick up the HoF QB we so badly need. Would you call him and let him know?

7. Vertical Limit

Vertical Limit Senior Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Probably just Juwuan James, linemen that are able to anchor their spot on the same team for over ten plus years as an all pro usually get in. Everyone else is too inconsistent or wont be around long enough To get in the conversation.

8. dWreck

dWreck formerly dcaf

Oct 23, 2011
    Sebring, FL
    Daniel Thomas

9. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    Ellerbe, Wilson, Thomas, Philip Wheeler.

Hall of Failures right?

10. Phoenician Fan

Phoenician Fan Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2013
    This is what I have been saying over and over again for years. The Dolphins have a dearth of greatness.

I blame Ross more than anyone else but even Wayne Huizinga gave up in his latter years as well.

How the fck do you trade a Vontae Davis? He was our best shot for a HOF player after the retirement of Zach Thomas and Jason Taylor.

You have to dominate at your position for at least 5 years to make the Hall. It looks like Vontae is headed for those five years, health permitting of course.

11. Bumrush

Bumrush Stable Genius Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Is this post a joke? Vontae Davis in the Hall of Fame? L M F A O

Fin D and TooGoodForDez like this.
  12. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    Fede!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. Clark Kent

Clark Kent Fighter of the Nightman

May 9, 2008
    No one.

Zach Thomas is considered by pundits as borderline for the HOF... Who on the team would you put above Zach? Cam Wake comes the closest but he missed too many good years out of the NFL. His resume is brilliant in a short period of time, but the overall body of work isn't there.

Fin D likes this.
  14. Colmax

Colmax Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2007
    John Denney. And if he doesn't get in, I will cut off my left nut in protest, post the video on YouTube where it will inevitably go viral.

That'll surely make the voters reconsider!

Who's with me???

DHPVW likes this.