1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So Glad ...

Discussion in 'SoapBox - Rants forum' started by Da 'Fins, Nov 17, 2014.

1. Da 'Fins

Da 'Fins Season Ticket Holder Staff Member Club Member

Dec 19, 2007
    Birmingham, AL
    That Ireland hung onto Daniel Thomas because he drafted him and could not bring himself to release him ...

And instead let Jonas Gray get out of the fold (when it was clear Thomas could not really make it happen on the field).

Yeah, thanks, JI. The gift keeps on giving with every chunk of yards Gray gets.

That's an irritation I have with the mediocre GMs in the NFL. They are afraid to cut ties with draft choices that just don't cut the mustard. They can't look at the player objectively because they have that "2nd round" pick in the back of their head.

2. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    So when Pat White and Patrick Turner (a 3rd rd pick, but still) were cut it was because the GM wasn't looking at them objectively? Or is Daniel Thomas the one that really fits the narrative so we leave others out?

And boy, that bum Ozzie Newson let Jonas Gray out of the fold too when Ray Rice was not playing well last year. He obviously couldn't get that "high contract" out of his head.

Alex44, SICK, gunn34 and 6 others like this.
  3. Larry Little

Larry Little Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Nashville, TN
    I thought Jonas Gray's success against the Colts had more to do with the Pats OL and the Colts defense (or, lack thereof) than Gray himself. And, I like Jonas Gray.

I also think that getting upset about 'losing' Gray after one good game with the Pats is hyper-reactionary and misguided. Let him reel off a good season before we mark him as a personnel failure on our part.

4. DolPhinPhan7

DolPhinPhan7 Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2012
    Gray was on the Pats practice squad. Every other team didn't want him either.

5. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    Dead horse?

6. Alex13

Alex13 Tua Time !!! Club Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Berlin,Germany
    in the rants forum ? someone always cries about a player that was with our team and then all of a sudden pulls a big game out his arse, thats what we basically have over here a bunch of whatcouldhavebeens posters.....disgusting...i should start a thread about these cry babies too

7. Fin4Ever

Fin4Ever Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Aug 26, 2014
    Vero Beach, FL
    Yes and I remember Jonas' last training camp here and he clearly beat out DT for backup job to Miller..Man what a Tandem that would be..just a P!!SSER because once again we hand a weapon over to the Fuggin Patriots !!

8. Alex13

Alex13 Tua Time !!! Club Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Berlin,Germany
    over his head already....

9. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    If you started this thread 3 weeks ago I'd have more respect for it.