1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Florio at it Again

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Bumrush, Nov 6, 2014.

1. Bumrush

Bumrush Stable Genius Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    This same ******* who basically drove the entire Jonathan Martin fiasco with false reports and innuendo is at it again.

How the hell are the Dolphins not deserving of a 5-3? Which games did they win that they shouldn't have won? Heck, this dumf*** should be arguing that they should be 6-2 given how the Green Bay game ended.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/11/06/pfts-week-ten-picks-3/

Unlucky 13 likes this.
  2. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    So what, they both picked us to lose last week. As far as I'm concerned, keep picking the opponent.

3. vt_dolfan

vt_dolfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

I think hes implying we are not a legitimate 5-3 playoff contender. Personally, I hope he keeps writing this kind of drivel. That way after we make it to the playoffs and do well, we can send all his dumbass comments back to him in a nice festive email, Compliments of The Phins.Com

4. Bumrush

Nov 25, 2007
    If he meant playoff team, he would have wrote that.

How is a team not legitimate? The guy is is a biased *******, plain and simple.

5. unluckyluciano

unluckyluciano For My Hero JetsSuck

Dec 7, 2007
    who gives a ****?

6. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    Is he the one who wrote the slander piece about Finnegan?

7. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    Here are the bad guys:

Florio
    La Canfora
    Cole
    Sometimes Armando

If the "news" comes from any of the first three, just know its either a flat out lie or bad piece of intel or bitter bull****. If its from Armando, then be skeptical first.

ALWAYS look for non specific sources. For example there's a huge difference between saying "a player on the team" vs. "a person with knowledge" or "a source close to the team". Also look for qualifiers that walk back the factuality of what is being said like, "may" or "could", etc.

Also, pay attention to the difference between a fact based report and an opinion piece. Barry Jackson reports facts. Omar reports opinions. Often opinions can be either purposely negative like Heath Evans or as objective as an opinion can be, like Darlington. Sometimes the negative opinions are founded in hate like Heath or founded in bitterness or vengeance for bad intel like Armando.

8. Da 'Fins

Da 'Fins Season Ticket Holder Staff Member Club Member

Dec 19, 2007
    Birmingham, AL
    Agreed. Who cares.

And, in fact, the Dolphins have to become a playoff team to prove they are worthy and as good as their record indicates. No team has proved anything at this point and history is basically on Florio's side.

It's like the "Power Ranking" crap ESPN puts out. That is utterly meaningless. The way to shut someone up is to get it done on the field. There have been too many years to count of the Dolphins off to a great start and many pundits and most fans thought, "This year will be different," and it wasn't really.

In 1992 we were 9-2 coming off a big T-Day win over the 'Boys and Scott Mitchell looked like a bonafide NFL QB ... and we wound up 9-7 and missed the playoffs. With Don Shula at the helm. Today, we are 5-3 and Joe Philbin is the coach. Should they not be skeptical?

And, if I were just an objective, betting man, I'd favor the Lions. If Vegas favors the Lions it means they should be favored - they get it right most of the time or they wouldn't be in business.

Skyfire023 likes this.
  9. Dolphins1Beatles

Dolphins1Beatles Ziggy Stardust

Oct 9, 2009
    New York
    Well The Dolphins have been in contention for the playoffs many times since 2001 and only made it once. You aren't going to get a lot of people thinking you're a legitimate threat to the playoffs until you actually prove it.

However, PFT has been against the Dolphins since before the season, so in this case I'm with you. Its one thing to say you don't think the Dolphins will make the playoffs, because well look at the choke job last year. But to say they aren't a legitimate team is a joke.

Its probably because PFT had the Dolphins ranked 31ST in their preseason rankings. YES, 31st, just above the Raiders and below the Jaguars...

10. Bumrush

Nov 25, 2007
    Everything you are saying is true. But to make a comment that they aren't legitimate at 5-3 is pure bull**** and you know it. They have blown out every opponent and lost in the last second to Green Bay after a nearly miraculous 4th quarter drive by the best QB in the NFL.

The only thing more legitimate than the Dolphins record at 5-3 is that this douchebag is biased

11. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    were an excellent road team..like really good against the spread when were a dog..not so much at home when were a favorite...hmmm thats peculiar..lol

12. Vertical Limit

Vertical Limit Senior Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Well I believe we will definitely get tested this time. We'll either win or lose by a single score. Don't see a blowout from either side.

13. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    Don't know why anyone would pay any attention to this idiot or the others like him.

14. Fame

Fame Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2012
    Vero Beach
    Well, to be fair, until we actually make the playoffs we're not a legitimate playoff contender. Being 5-3 doesn't win us anything. The team still has a long road to the playoffs. I'm optimistic but we can't count our chickens before they hatch.

15. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    To be fair, "playoff contender" doesn't mean some who makes the playoffs. Playoff contenders means a team with a legit shot at making the playoffs. So, yes, we are in fact playoff contenders.

16. Fame

Fame Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2012
    Vero Beach
    Well technically every team in the NFL is a playoff contender then since they can potentially make it. Hearing some media buffoon say we are, or are not, playoff contenders doesn't make it any more or less likely that we actually make the playoffs. If you want to say we're a pretty good football team right now, I would agree with you but it's not actually possible to predict the future.

17. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    Not by the 8th or 9th week of the season. Oakland, for example is not a realistic shot at the playoffs.

Also, we have more than W/L record going for us to make us contenders.

Also, who here is trying to predict the future? In fact, Florio is more predicting the future than any of us are, by saying we do NOT have legitimate playoff hopes.

18. RoninFin4

RoninFin4 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 11, 2007
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    I'd be wary of that both ways too, based on what has been said in Club, as they're MUCH closer to the team than you'd think.

19. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    Does that prick ever bother discussing legitimate Xs and Os? Ever? I've yet to read any article of actual football substance by that guy.

At least he didn't mention Incognito and or Martin this time around.

Not gonna click that. Wouldn't wanna afford that site any more traffic than I have to.

20. Sethdaddy8

Sethdaddy8 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    Stafford is entirely capable of playing poorly...as much if not more than Rivers. We need to rattle his cage and we can win.

21. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    The difference being, in club no one has an anti-Dolphin agenda or is trying to generate clicks, so the inside info is not sifted through biased filters. Also, let's not pretend our Club isn't where some of these hacks get some of their info.

22. RoninFin4

Dec 11, 2007
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Check your PMs. That's not what I meant.

Fin D likes this.
  23. CrunchTime

CrunchTime Administrator Retired Administrator

Nov 23, 2007
    It just shows how little informed some of these pundits are. If he had bothered to study the stats he would note that this is a team on the upswing .Our record could just as easily be 6-2 .

The Fins are capable of beating any team in the NFL right now.And that includes the Lions,the Ravens the Bills and the Broncos.And if we dont beat them the games will be close with the difference being poor clock management by our staff or something to that effect.....loss to Packers for instance.

I dont expect to see any more blowout losses .

24. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    Ahhhh got ya. My bad.

Did you have to send pictures of your junk too though? So awkward.

25. RoninFin4

Dec 11, 2007
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Impressive, isn't it? :shifty:

Fin D likes this.
  26. unluckyluciano

unluckyluciano For My Hero JetsSuck

Dec 7, 2007
    why would you want to talk to uninformed people?

27. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    No more than two? That is sad because Wake and Grimes should fly off the top. We have more than two known names around the league.

Hell Finnegan is a name most people know, as is Delmas. Starks?

28. PhinFan1968

PhinFan1968 To 2020, and BEYOND! Club Member

The Vaunted 2-Name Defense

29. Stringer Bell

Stringer Bell Post Hard, Post Often Club Member

Mar 22, 2008
    How is anyone in the media inherently biased against any team? It's illogical for them to be biased against anything other than generating traffic.

The reality is that these guys pander to the general public, and the public views Miami negatively, because they don't win consistently. You're essentially blaming the drug dealer for drug abuse.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

30. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    What? Are you serious? I mean are you really and truly serious? At what point does a person stop becoming human when being a sports writer? Does this phenomenon stop with sports or does it carry over to other "journalism"? I mean are the people at MSNBC not biased? FOX?

ToddPhin likes this.
  31. FinNasty

FinNasty Alabama don’t want this... Staff Member Club Member

Dec 1, 2007
    Florio's explaination while picking against us last week:

32. Stringer Bell

Stringer Bell Post Hard, Post Often Club Member

Mar 22, 2008
    The line is drawn when someone becomes a "professional", IE when they are compensated for what they're doing. Is there just something about the Miami Dolphins that inherently leads to sports writers hating them? Is this a conspiracy?

Comparing this to Fox and msnbc doesn't make sense. Is Florio a competitor of the Dolphins???

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

33. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    Ugh. This conversation is stupid.

Please tell me what magical spell occurs when someone gets paid that their biases go away. While you're at it, who said all those guys are biased against Miami?

Also, what in the hairy hell are you talking about with my FOX/MSNBC comparison? The people that work at FOX are biased against the left. The people that work at MSNBC are biased against the right. Both sets of people are professionals.

We know for a fact Heath Evans is absolutely biased against Miami from what happened when he was a player. We know for a fact Jason Cole & Armando celebrated a Dolphin loss to the Jets, btw. Where's that professionalism?

34. ToddPhin

ToddPhin Premium Member Luxury Box Club Member

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    Yup, our 5 wins boasted a 100 point margin of victory but we're not a real 5-3 team. :unsure: Just a bunch of drastic overachievers. Florio's got that cold, emotionless look to his eyes that makes you wonder if he's a pedo or sociopath. If there are any members of Anonymous who happen to be Miami fans, can you do us all a favor and hack his Twitter account or something.

djphinfan and Bumrush like this.
  35. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    lol And this man gets paid to write silly things like that. Idk if I should be more annoyed by him or the people who make his job possible.

Aqua4Ever04 likes this.
  36. Eop05

Eop05 Junior Member Club Member

Dec 8, 2007
    NJ
    Media people can absolutely have biases against teams. I don't even think that should be a debate.

Whatever the reason, and I do not care by the way, La Canfora has an axe to grind with the Dolphins. Heath Evans is evident.

Francesa hates the Jets and everything and decision about them. He's biased against the Mets. Charles Barkley admits he hates New York teams, especially the Knicks.

Stringer, not for nothing, but you can't be serious here, can you?

37. heylookatme

heylookatme Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2012
    Florio is a WVU guy and he is still upset about Pat White. Go back and read the PFT archives from the past 5 years or so.

38. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    This is the ultimate 'burn the village to save the village"

We are "not" a playoff contender until..we make the playoffs, how can you make the playoffs unless you win games..that have yet to been played.

Personally feel our Defense is badass, we made Rivers look like Chad Henne, offense is coming around..ST worries the hell out of me..Sturrrrgggggggiiiiissss

He has become this yr's John Jerry..he cannot be on my Dolphins roster

MikeHoncho likes this.
  39. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    Fields hasn't been very good this year either.

40. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    If a team makes the playoffs they are no longer playoff contenders, they are a playoff team. Once you achieve the goal you are no longer contending for that goal.